PS3 to take 2nd place ?

barkie

I didn't know that JR. I keep getting more and more satisfied with my purchase. You hear the same arguments over and over from xbox gamers, game selection and graphics are their only arguments and Sony has got some cracking games coming out this year and I don't buy the whole "Xbox graphics are better" thing. People who think the Xbox is a superior machine are either delusional, have never played a PS3 or are just trying to convince themselves that they got the better deal when they know in their hearts that the PS3 owns the 360 :P

The Xbox isn't grahpically better than the PS3 at all IMO.

The HD component on the PS3 is a much higher quality than the Xbox, and tbh, I don't think any of the games out for the PS3 are even close to testing it's capabilities yet.

tbh I've not yet seen any visuals on either console which impress me. I did like Unchartered but all it boils down to really is a rip off of Tomb Raider with Indiana Jones thrown in.

I'm that used to the likes of Crysis on the PC - consoles will always lag behind that.

I didn't know that JR. I keep getting more and more satisfied with my purchase. You hear the same arguments over and over from xbox gamers, game selection and graphics are their only arguments and Sony has got some cracking games coming out this year and I don't buy the whole "Xbox graphics are better" thing. People who think the Xbox is a superior machine are either delusional, have never played a PS3 or are just trying to convince themselves that they got the better deal when they know in their hearts that the PS3 owns the 360 :P

The Xbox isn't grahpically better than the PS3 at all IMO.

The HD component on the PS3 is a much higher quality than the Xbox, and tbh, I don't think any of the games out for the PS3 are even close to testing it's capabilities yet.

tbh I've not yet seen any visuals on either console which impress me. I did like Unchartered but all it boils down to really is a rip off of Tomb Raider with Indiana Jones thrown in.

I'm that used to the likes of Crysis on the PC - consoles will always lag behind that.

Of course they will.

What I like about consoles tho is they are a great leveller - the hardware is the same for everyone making competitive gaming all about the player rather than his connection or his system.

I have a top spec PC for some stuff and a PS3 for the fun factor - best of both worlds really.

The PS3 is in my living room and fits in with my techie set up so well that I'm converting it into a media center storing all my music and a catalog of movies - I really couldnt be happier with what it offers (tu)

I ain't saying the PS3 is a bad machine, I would get one if I could afford it and there were more games but the way Sony has handled it has been a mess.

The delays, Dualshock thing, the lack of backwards compatibility, and the over complicated processors should have been advoided.

The delays are disppearing, I don't think anyone really cares about DualShock.

Backwards compatibility? I thought I'd be worried about that when I got a 40bg PS3, but I, like many others, quickly sold their PS2 about a week after realising they'll never touch it again.

And overcomplicated processors? Why you worried about that mate, as long as it works ;)

It's the developers that are worried about it. It cost's a lot to make a next gen game and many games have been canned for PS3.

Additionaly some PS3 ports have been of inferior quality despite the PS3 having more power ( including the Orange box ). This will continue for as long as the PS3 is in third place.