Did you think we would progress so well this season?

I know that the season is not over by any means, but in my mind, Walter has done a better job than I was mentally prepared for at the start of the campaign. To be in these cup competitions as well as out in front of the league at this point is something absolutely marvellous and Walter Smith deserves full credit for that.

Did anyone here think we would be this far along after such a dark recent past?

to be honest i didn't think back in January last year that we would be in the position we are now after the shambles of Ecks last season and PLG's reign but full credit to Walter for bringing us this success

I know that the season is not over by any means, but in my mind, Walter has done a better job than I was mentally prepared for at the start of the campaign. To be in these cup competitions as well as out in front of the league at this point is something absolutely marvellous and Walter Smith deserves full credit for that.

Did anyone here think we would be this far along after such a dark recent past?

No.

I thought I would have to give Walter this season to just get us close to the tims, never mind push them all the way. Regardless of what happens I will stick by that - I will still give him til next season to win it. Then there are no excuses, we have shown what a patched up side with organisation can do to a pish Septic side - now we need to add the quality that will push us ahead and more importantly keep us ahead of them.

We welcome the chase.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we are definitely ahead of schedule although wee Gordon was always living on borrowed time (just hope he doesn't squeak the title this year then resigns after 3 in a row). The European success has really been a big surprise, especially as it was never Walter's forte before, so fingers crossed that continues. On the downside he has rather let Boyd wither on the vine (have posted that before I'm not just reacting to today :D) and he doesn't seem well disposed to bringing through youngsters (remember Barry nearly never got his chance with Walter first time round).

• 1 month later...

I thought walter would do a good job because he had did a good job the last time he was manager and he was a grand manager for scotland. My da didn't think he would do a good job and we use to argue all the time over why he shouldn't come to rangers and why he should. I'm glad I was right. Not that I thought we would get this far and even nae the season ain't done yet and Celtic are 5 points in front of us I still see us winning the league anyway. I never thought we could this time last year with the damage PLG had did to the gers but I'm really glad I'm wrong :rolleyes: As walter said if anyone thought rangers would be in the position they are now they would be called mad! Just wish walter would play boyd mare but part from that I have no complaints :D:rangers: