Worried

Guest The Brown Brogue

Guest The Brown Brogue

I've never believed the title was over, as many on here thought after Motherwell beat the scum. But I wish I had the absolute blind faith that many posters are showing tonight, with almost every thread having a post along the lines of 'its nothing to worry about we will hammer them next time'.

With Cuellar now missing the next game, and potentially McGregor, Weir and Novo as well, can we really go into the parkhead clash with a lot of confidence? We played so poorly tonight that I hope we can't play that badly again, but in recent games we have been playing like that and still grinding out a win. Tonight was different, we looked shell shocked in the first half which is something I never expected to see from us. This is now the biggest test of the season, we can either bounce back and stand up and be counted, or the doubts will start to creep in and we could go on a run of bad results. If we don't get a result in 2 weeks time against them I don't know if my heart will hold out to the end of the season, the leagues still ours to lose but that performance tonight just made it a hell of a lot more difficult.

We just didnt perform in the first half, but second half we were much better, we passed the ball about, closed them down and were by far the better team until we lost Cuellar. That was the turning point, and even at that I just didnt think we would lose. They got a lucky break at the end per usual, but make no mistake, Smith will have the players up for it more next time round.

I've never believed the title was over, as many on here thought after Motherwell beat the scum. But I wish I had the absolute blind faith that many posters are showing tonight, with almost every thread having a post along the lines of 'its nothing to worry about we will hammer them next time'.

With Cuellar now missing the next game, and potentially McGregor, Weir and Novo as well, can we really go into the parkhead clash with a lot of confidence? We played so poorly tonight that I hope we can't play that badly again, but in recent games we have been playing like that and still grinding out a win. Tonight was different, we looked shell shocked in the first half which is something I never expected to see from us. This is now the biggest test of the season, we can either bounce back and stand up and be counted, or the doubts will start to creep in and we could go on a run of bad results. If we don't get a result in 2 weeks time against them I don't know if my heart will hold out to the end of the season, the leagues still ours to lose but that performance tonight just made it a hell of a lot more difficult.

The most worrying aspect of tonight's performance (or lack of) was that Barry didn't step up to the plate when we were in desperate need of him.

I love the guy to bits and he is deffo Mr Rangers, and maybe he's carrying injuries and doesn't want to let anyone down but we really missed Thommo tonight and when Barry was needed to take the game to those b*stards he was M.I.A.

I hope he proves me wrong in the next game and we see the Barry we all know and love, because these jammy c*nts will only need to see the slightest chink in our armour and they will be in like the dirty rhats they are.

Yeah, am gona head to bed - need to get over the extreme disappointment of it all...

Still, 1 pt ahead with two games in hand. I fancy an Ayberdeen fightback after their capitulation to Queen's at the weekend!

Theres no way the 'Tic will win all their remaining games.either, the fight for third in the table will put pay to that. They are pish and they know it, tonight was make or break for them and it showed.

Belt up boys, its gonna be a hell of a month!!

Taking a hard look at it, their winning goal tonight could be the pivotal point of the season especially when you consider the consequences of the squabbling afterwards. They'll be strong favourites to win the next Old Firm game when we'll have a lot of players missing and they don't look like a team who are going to drop points elsewhere now. It could be up to us to go to places like Pittodrie and win. It's looking a lot tougher for us than some people think. :(

I wished I had your confidence in Aberdeen. But that is a 3 points to these cants I think. I do hope I'm spectacularly wrong though

That confidence is blind right enough! They need to win every game IMO to take the flag but if we can establish, at worst, a 5pt lead from our games in hand im confident it'll be ours. Especially if can get a draw at BB.

The poster above that mentioned that Walter will get these boys well fired up in the face of tonight is spot on

And the cry was.....