*** The Official PreMatch Analysis***

nvager

Celtic versus Rangers at Parkhead on Sunday 27th. April 2008 - SPL game - Kick-Off 12:30 PM.

This is a HUGE game. Celtic are currently top of the SPL with a two point lead having 77 points from 34 games. Rangers have played only 31 games and thus have three games in hand. The goal difference is 5 in favour of Celtic.

The games are all huge now and none bigger than this one. I would say that if we even hold Celtic here we will win the title. That would give us a seven point lead if we win our game in hand. Celtic MUST win this game if they have any chance of winning the title. They will be flying and we must be ready for them.

Our attitude really must be NO SURRENDER. Our midfield must improve and we must keep better possession than we did last time out. We are at a big disadvantage with injuries and suspensions. Cuellar and Thomson are out. (Thomson must learn from all these missed matches to cut out the silly bookings.)

Barry Ferguson is back and lets all hope his rest of the past ten days has done him good. He must take a hold of this game if he can. He has been poor lately but has an enormous influence on the team.

Walter has few choices. They are Broadfoot or Whittaker at right back; Surely D Weir and C Daily will be at the back. Is Webster available? Papac will be at left back. Midfield? A puzzle - with Thomson out and Daily at CB does Walter just have one or two sitting mid fielders? I hope that Faye is not used. Really!!

Will the midfield be from Whittaker, Novo, Davis, Ferguson, Hemdani and Buffel? Will Walter play S Smith in midfield? Will Gow get a chance?

It will be very interesting.

JCD or Cousin will play up front.

We need to be flying come Sunday. Every 50 -50 ball must be ours. We must dictate the flow of the match and that is where S Davis and Barry must stand up and be counted. We cannot let Nakamura be running through uncontested. We must close down their wingers before they cross to their tall forwards. Let's hope we have 11 men on the field too.

It will be a difficult game but I hope to see us putting more pressure on their defence. We cannot sit back here like we do in Europe. As a team we must put their shaky defence under pressure. The whole season is on line we MUST go all out for it. It would take away so much pressure if we won this game.

N. Alexander must shine once again. He must be ready to come off his line for crosses. He has played very well to date and the penalty saves versus St. Johnstone and the clean sheet versus Fiorentina will have boosted his confidence.

We are all a little nervous about this game, but we should remember that all the pressure is on Celtic. They MUST win. They have no margin for error here. A draw is an acceptable result for us. They are all talking as usual, but that is what they are good at. We will and must do our talking on the pitch. The team will remember that awful feeling leaving the pitch after the last match. They will not want a repeat of it. They will burst a gut this time.

This game, if we win, will give us a fantastic boost of confidence. We can go relaxed to Florence. We can really have another go there and Thomson will be back along with Cuellar and Barry.

My prediction is Celtic 1 - Rangers 2

Keep believing.

I think having the 2 games so close together will suit us because they will find it much harder to do anything to surprise us this time. Obviously we will miss Carlos and Kevin but I believe we crossed a rubicund of sorts on Thursday because we dug out a good result against the odds, and that will carry us through on Sunday :king:

For me...

Alexander

Whittaker

Papac

Weir

Dailly

Ferguson

Davis

Novo

Hemdani

Cousin

Darchville

Some of them are reluctant picks such as Dailly and Hemdani, but we are pretty stretched.

this is EXACTLY the team I'd field aswell...

my "honest-gut felt" prediction.....

US - 1 Them - 0

FOLLOW-FOLLOW! WATP :rangers:

team I would like to see, ideally I would have novo on the bench but I couldnt think of someone id feel more comfortable with in that position, he tracks back to defend and as always can change a game out of nowhere, he hates the tims and so his presence/movement in general should keep our players on their toes, aswell as making the oppositions midfield work which should present some gaps for Davis/Buffel to take advantage of with their pace, Davis would be my main drive going forward in midfield which in a way would have Novo/Ferguson play defensive most of the game, concentrating our attacks through the center, Davis/Buffel/Darcheville all have the speed and trickery to get past Celtic's defence easily.

Weir usually plays centre left, put him right to cover for Whittaker, a Dailly/Whittaker parternship down the right could end up in a few harsh challenges on that muppet McGayday, that side of the defence will be under most pressure and recently Dailly's been slow/agressive and we need cool heads in a game like this, last thing we need is more suspensions/injuries, Papac I consider to be experienced and easily first pick for LB, i trust him to compliment Dailly.

Hemdani will do what he always does.

--------------Alexander-----------

--Whittaker-Weir-Dailly-Papac--

--------------Hemdani------------

--------Novo-Davis-Ferguson---

---------------Buffel--------------

------------Darcheville-----------

think we'll have a 4 man midfield with Buffel on the left though. (or whoever's put there).

anyone else feel a little confident? before last OF i was in a state of dread days before, id predict we might not win but wont lose.