The Official RM Meet in Manchester Thread

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So wish I could go, only been in my new job 3 weeks (no hols yet) and I gon't get paid until end of May :( :(

All you guys have fun, and behave! We don't want our good rep tarnished!

Sports cafe isn't a nice place on a Saturday night, not been there during the day though, Walkabout is right next to it. about 2-3 miles from city of Manchester stadium.

Printworks is ok, an indoor alley of shops with a cinema, 2 bars in their in particular, Norwegian Blue and lloyds are good places (tu)

Sportscafe has gone - walkabout is still open.

thats some walk :s

It would only take more than 5 minutes if you were completely leathered... Oh hang on! :rolleyes: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Bar38 sounds like a good plan but I don't think I've seen TV's in there either, walkabout has loads it's fairly big and sports bar is full of them too, obviously.

Nothing is set in stone yet mate, i think alot of people are waiting to see if Manchester change their mind about big screens or opening up somewhere for Bears to meet.

Well, I hate to say it, but if the meet is at Bar38, I won't be able to attend. I am not 18, thus I will not be allowed in the bar without ID.

If it was somewhere where there is no ID needed, then I could have gone.

I finish at 12.20, so I would love to come down and meet some of you, but sorry, Bar38 is a no-no.

If the t*&*s at the council sort out a big screen tv in town, then me and my dad will be in town watching the game!

Are they considering opening some areas and popping in big screens>?

Im not sure, but I have heard rumours that the police have told everyone without a ticket not to travel, and with this in Mind, I think the concil have not yet said yes...

Any more info from the email sent?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/new...efa_cup_screens

Pubs call for Uefa Cup screens

PUB bosses in Manchester have criticised police for banning big screens to show the Uefa Cup final for tens of thousands of Rangers fans without tickets.

Rangers, their supporters, Scotland's First Minister Alex Salmond and now Manchester's Pub and Club Network are calling for police to reverse their decision.

Chief Supt Gerry Donnellan insists there will be no big screens in Manchester to cater for supporters who do not get into the City of Manchester Stadium on May 14.

Rangers estimate up to 60,000 supporters will make the trip south. Other estimates put the figure at 100,000.

Ticketless Rangers fans from America and Australia are even flying over for the game.

Rangers and their Russian opponents, Zenit St Petersburg, have each been allocated 13,000 tickets while the stadium holds just 44,000.

Phil Burke, for the Manchester Pub and Club Network, said: "This is a big thing for Manchester. We have done things like this before and proved we can manage them.

"We don't want people to go away saying `It's rubbish in Manchester, there was no big screen and we couldn't get into a bar because it was so full'."

Boring boring police...

God, I hate the police in Manchester... I was looking forward to going into the centre and seeing all the Rangers fans!!!

Some one email the council and ask, They should help.

All come down anyway!

Police This is for you: :harhar: You're not going to stop them coming here! :bouncy: