***The Official Rangers v Dundee United Thread***

Muff

Viewing the replay again on the disallowed goal shows the Arab clearly running behind Weir before the ball gets kicked.

EXACTLY, so why the fuck do shitanta keep going on about it, he was offside regardless of him not touching the ball

He wasn't offside because he wasn't interfering with play. The man who kicked the ball, kicked it off weir. So the DU player wasn't interfering with play. We were lucky to get away with it

How can he not be interferring with play if he's in front of our keeper and and big Davie has reacted to the abll the way he did due to one of their players being behind him in an OFFSIDE position.

Of course he was interferring with play..

He wasn't in front of our keeper. He was outside the 18 yeard box FFS.

It hit one of our players and went in the net.

We'll just have to agree to disagree if you can't see that

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Viewing the replay again on the disallowed goal shows the Arab clearly running behind Weir before the ball gets kicked.

EXACTLY, so why the fuck do shitanta keep going on about it, he was offside regardless of him not touching the ball

He wasn't offside because he wasn't interfering with play. The man who kicked the ball, kicked it off weir. So the DU player wasn't interfering with play. We were lucky to get away with it

DU player doesnt need to touch the ball to be interfering with play

He was outside the 18 yard box. He wasn't even near to getting the ball, therefore he wasn't interfering with play.

he wasnt near to getting the ball? Im pretty sure you talking your arse. He cut his run to intercept the ball while in an offside position, as soon as he done that he's offside as he involves himself in the play. Thankfully the linesman agrees with me and not you

What does talking my arse mean????

The ball was played behnd him. Granted it was probably not meant to do that, but it was.

How can he not be interferring with play if he's in front of our keeper and and big Davie has reacted to the abll the way he did due to one of their players being behind him in an OFFSIDE position.

We certainly will until you learn the offside rule and what is and what's not interferring with play. :harhar:

We certainly will until you learn the offside rule and what is and what's not interferring with play. :harhar:

I think you need to learn it mate.

The man who kicked the ball was obviously very onside. The ball he kicked went in off one of our players. The DU player never touched it and never looked like touching it. Under the rules of offside these days, that makes him not interfering with play and not offside.

he wasnt intefering with play.

18 yards out, not infront of the keeper an he was a good distance away from davie weir,

weir stuck his leg out through pure reaction and it went into the net. the DU player was no where near play, an from the replay, alexander was on the left hand side of his goal, the dundee utd player was going towards the right hand side, if anything weir was blocking alexander.

the goal should have stood but thank fuck it didnt coz DU were getting back into the game to quick for my liking.

Hugh Keevins will start off his drivel by saying the league has balanced out, complete bullshit the amount of decisions gone against us this season are unreal. One 50/50 penalty decision and a correct offside decision doesn't balance out anything, but it is ATLEAST a step in the right direction.

what about the offside which was given to Novo 5 mins from regular time, he was WELL onside and probably could have scored

Absolutely agree. Novo was well onside.

But we won. Let's enjoy and support Hibs tomorrow

Jesus what part of interferring with play are you struggling with?

• It's clear the player that kicked it was onside. Noone is disputing that.
  • It's also clear that it came off Weirsway. Noone is disputing that.
  • But it's also clear that a DU player was in behind Weir in an OFFSIDE position irrelevant if it hit him or not. Alexanders view may have been effected by this DU player in this OFFSIDE position. Weirs reaction to the ball been kicked towards him may have been effected by this DU player in the OFFSIDE position..
This is like pulling teeth.. lmao. :lol:

:idiot: :idiot: :idiot:

18 yards out, not infront of the keeper an he was a good distance away from davie weir,

weir stuck his leg out through pure reaction and it went into the net. the DU player was no where near play, an from the replay, alexander was on the left hand side of his goal, the dundee utd player was going towards the right hand side, if anything weir was blocking alexander.

the goal should have stood but thank fuck it didnt coz DU were getting back into the game to quick for my liking.

Really doesn't matter how far out he is. When the ball is struck the DU player is directly behind Weir and in direct line of Alexander. I can't believe I'm arguing about this with fucking GERS fans. :angry2:

Jesus what part of interferring with play are you struggling with?
  • It's clear the player that kicked it was onside. Noone is disputing that.
  • It's also clear that it came off Weirsway. Noone is disputing that.
  • But it's also clear that a DU player was in behind Weir in an OFFSIDE position irrelevant if it hit him or not. Alexanders view may have been effected by this DU player in this OFFSIDE position. Weirs reaction to the ball been kicked towards him may have been effected by this DU player in the OFFSIDE position..
This is like pulling teeth.. lmao. :lol:

:idiot: :idiot: :idiot:

Alexander was on the other side of the goal. Where was he being inpeded.

You are right about one thing though. It is like pulling teeth.

It doesn't matter where the DU player was there because there was NO attempt made to get the ball by him. Alexander was way over on the left with the DU player on the right. So where you get impeding from is simply beyond me.

Why not come out with the old classic, if he's on the pitch he's interfering. try that one next lmao

Really doesn't matter how far out he is. When the ball is struck the DU player is directly behind Weir and in direct line of Alexander. I can't believe I'm arguing about this with fucking GERS fans. :angry2:

He wasn't in direct line.

Are you suggesting we should all just agree that it was offside because we support Rangers???

I like to be more honest in my assumptions

what about the offside which was given to Novo 5 mins from regular time, he was WELL onside and probably could have scored

Absolutely agree. Novo was well onside.

But we won. Let's enjoy and support Hibs tomorrow

oh yes (tu)

I'd just like to add that the term interferring with play does not purely mean making an attempt to play/pass or shoot. Interferring with play is also deemed as being in site of the keeper at any point and perhaps blocking his view from an offside position.. If you watch the replay again slowed down you will see that as the ball is struck, the DU player is 100% in line with Weir AND Alexander therefore DEFINITELY interferring with play. :)

I'd just like to add that the term interferring with play does not purely mean making an attempt to play/pass or shoot. Interferring with play is also deemed as being in site of the keeper at any point and perhaps blocking his view from an offside position.. If you watch the replay again slowed down you will see that as the ball is struck, the DU player is 100% in line with Weir AND Alexander therefore DEFINITELY interferring with play. :)

You know what, who cares, the ref and linesman conferred and the ref disallowed the goal, end of conversation, the players should be proffessional enough to get on with the game.

You know what, who cares, the ref and linesman conferred and the ref disallowed the goal, end of conversation, the players should be proffessional enough to get on with the game.

True, the quad is on! wooohooo!! :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Mate the keeper is on his line. Therefore arguement can be made that the whole DU team were in front of him. Of course that is very petty and completely ridiculous.

The FACT is the DU player was on the right hand side outside the 18 yard box. Alexander was on the left hand side on his goal line. The shot came from just to the right hand side of the middle going left, until it hit Weir and changed direction. So the DU player was onside.

Had it hit the DU player and gone right then yes, he is offside.

But under todays rules you are only offside if you are seen as interfering with play and in an offside position.

Remeber the goal against us in Champions league. Plater was in the six yard box and a shot came in. He wasn't seen as interfering with play and the goal stood.

That's the rules.

Mate the keeper is on his line. Therefore arguement can be made that the whole DU team were in front of him. Of course that is very petty and completely ridiculous.

The FACT is the DU player was on the right hand side outside the 18 yard box. Alexander was on the left hand side on his goal line. The shot came from just to the right hand side of the middle going left, until it hit Weir and changed direction. So the DU player was onside.

Had it hit the DU player and gone right then yes, he is offside.

But under todays rules you are only offside if you are seen as interfering with play and in an offside position.

Remeber the goal against us in Champions league. Plater was in the six yard box and a shot came in. He wasn't seen as interfering with play and the goal stood.

That's the rules.

My only arguement here is that Alexanders view may have been hindered therefore Dundee Utd gained an unfair advantage. Maybe I'm wrong but I still feel, having watched the replay numerous times, that that is the case. He hindered Alexanders view without a shadow of a doubt.

We're still on for the Quad mate and I'll still share a tear with you in Manchester. :rangers: :unionflag: