Gattuso to join Bayern Munchen

Yup, he's leaving Milan this summer and going to Bavaria.

Bayern Munich have already reached an agreement with AC Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso, according to reports.

The Italy international has been targeted by the Bundesliga club to boost their team for an assault on the Champions League next season while striker Luca Toni has repeatedly stated he would welcome a compatriot in the Bayern team next season.

According to Italy's Italia 1 television, the Bavarians have been able to convince the 30-year-old to join with a lucrative contract offer and are now set for talks with his club over a fee.

Earlier this week, Bayern president Franz Beckenbauer claimed Gattuso would be "perfect" for Bayern.

With Milan having signed Mathieu Flamini from Arsenal, Gattuso may now be allowed to leave should the club receive the right offer, believed to be around 20million euros.

The Rossoneri may also ask for unsettled Bayern full-back Willy Sagnol as a makeweight for a deal, according to reports in Italy and Germany.

Sagnol's a RB right? Got to be better than Oddo.

oh well. cant see milan letting him go that easy. although for around 20m euros id consider it.

dont want sagnol, hes been frozen out at bayern and he's 31. if we are to get a 31 year old, at least make it zambrotta.

oh well. cant see milan letting him go that easy. although for around 20m euros id consider it.

If we hadn't signed Flamini I'd agree. But Gattuso's been dead wood for a long time - as I said a number of weeks ago his love affair with Milan is over and it's time for him to move on.

dont want sagnol, hes been frozen out at bayern and he's 31. if we are to get a 31 year old, at least make it zambrotta.

A very pricey 31 year old. I'd rather have Alvez. Or Hutton :craphead:

If we hadn't signed Flamini I'd agree. But Gattuso's been dead wood for a long time - as I said a number of weeks ago his love affair with Milan is over and it's time for him to move on.

A very pricey 31 year old. I'd rather have Alvez. Or Hutton :craphead:

judging by his performance against inter, his love affair isnt quite over yet. but yes, he has been disappointing for the majority of the season and flamini is a more than able replacement.

although gattuso's agent came out a few days ago and said he was going nowhere <cr>