Ibrox beamback

I was in Ibrox last night and i was ashamed to call myself a Gers fan as most were singing Billy boys and were FTP during Follow Follow and various other songs, we had quite a few pitch invasions and 2 birds decided to flash their boobs at 30000 fans, an utter disgrace and the amount of people who got into the ground with beer bottles and others who were absolutely blootered were a disgrace, on the scoreboard flashed up a boys name aged 12 saying Missing now if i had took a 12 year old with me theres no fecking way i would have lost him.

We are Scotlands Shame in more ways than one and its all of us who get tarred by this one big brush. Utter embarrassment to football.

We had parents with young kids pissed out their minds and yes they were allowed into the ground, outside the ground we had virtually no police pressence and no stewards and it was very scarey for adults nevermind kids witnessing this. If any of you were there and seen this then surely you cant condone this.

Had a few laughs too mind you when i went into the loo and police pushed me out the way to nick a girl who was pissing in the gents, was very classy i might add, had a girl standing at end of the row shouting into a mobile to her friend "whats your seat number" about 100 times down this phone then saying to her "are you sure your in the main stand?" and she was sitting in the Copeland Road stand.

All in all i was very embarrassed to be a Ger last night and it had nowt to do with football.

If you think we are Scotland's shame then you know where the door is

Right now we are Scotlands shame and if you think not then you are condoning everything that happend last night. This will have long lasting repercussions for the club; I can't imagine what decent folk in Manchester must have thought of all the vulgarity FTP signing and sheer hooliganism and yobism.

It was very disorganised at Ibrox, but there was almost a total lack of stewards and police at times. I don't know what the hell happened but I was in the queue at the broomloan end and all of a sudden... no queue, everyone just charged towards the doors in a massive crush. I saw that guy covered in blood get taken away too, was all the more sickening seeing that there was kids around waving flags, just wanting to see the game. A lot of families were just leaving, understandably.

The lack of announcements from the stadium was also an issue though, there were times when nobody really knew what was happening and all the announcements said was 'We will be opening the stands... soon!'

It was a shambles though, the police split the queues at the Broomloan into 3 different lines (I was near the front of the middle one), and they started letting the right hand line go in, and after that they basically told the rest of us to fuck off round to the Copland. I barely made it, was the last one in before they shut that end too. But there was times that I was getting worried there was going to be a riot, or even just an insane crush. I've never felt unsafe at Ibrox before, but last night I felt pretty edgy a lot of the time. Being in the company of true bears is great, but a lot of the folk there last night were hangers-on, glory hunting thugs with nothing better to do than cause trouble at the expense of the genuine fans who have went to enjoy the game and have a good time.

Fortunately I was surrounded by decent folk once I got in.

First post here - sorry it's not on a nicer subject.

I made the decision not to go to Ibrox last night and from what I'm reading, I now we made the right decision. I rang Ibrox every single day from the moment the beam back was announced until yesterday morning. My son is in a wheelchair and I wanted to know what disabled capacity would be/would there be a specific gate/queue etc. Every single day I rang I was told that they hadn' finalised any arrangements yet, they didn't know how disabled access would work and they didn't even now what stands or gates they would be opening. I was still being told this yesterday morning. The whole thing has just been a farce from beginning to end, sadly.

I was in Ibrox last night and i was ashamed to call myself a Gers fan as most were singing Billy boys and were FTP during Follow Follow and various other songs, we had quite a few pitch invasions and 2 birds decided to flash their boobs at 30000 fans, an utter disgrace and the amount of people who got into the ground with beer bottles and others who were absolutely blootered were a disgrace, on the scoreboard flashed up a boys name aged 12 saying Missing now if i had took a 12 year old with me theres no fecking way i would have lost him.

We are Scotlands Shame in more ways than one and its all of us who get tarred by this one big brush. Utter embarrassment to football.

We had parents with young kids pissed out their minds and yes they were allowed into the ground, outside the ground we had virtually no police pressence and no stewards and it was very scarey for adults nevermind kids witnessing this. If any of you were there and seen this then surely you cant condone this.

Had a few laughs too mind you when i went into the loo and police pushed me out the way to nick a girl who was pissing in the gents, was very classy i might add, had a girl standing at end of the row shouting into a mobile to her friend "whats your seat number" about 100 times down this phone then saying to her "are you sure your in the main stand?" and she was sitting in the Copeland Road stand.

All in all i was very embarrassed to be a Ger last night and it had nowt to do with football.

What sort of p1sh is this. Thermopylae, were you at Ibrox? I was with CottonRunt and it was like nothing I have ever seen before. The atmosphere was hostile...yes, due to the lack of sufficient stewarding, but never the less completely unwarranted. The club were taken by surprise no doubt, but it was blatantly obvious that a large part of the crowd were under the influence of something and were not of the usual social standing. In fact, there were a great number that we saw who I would suggest were not worthy of the colours they wore.

When our turnstile opened (Main Stand next to Copland Road), there was a sway of people in the Copland queue headed toward the Main Stand turnstiles. The police held them back by creating a human chain yet many still got through. In some ways similar to what I hear about the Broomloan, I did fear there could be something about to occur.

As for all the arseholes who spoiled what could have been a great experience for the kids! The kids were having there moment in front of the crowds, proudly planting their flags on the pitch. Then of course one or two neds decided they wanted into on the act, shortly followed by dozens more including the birds that for some reason felt it appropriate to flash their tits. So the kids were stopped from going on the pitch and some had their flags confiscated. There was again a point at this time that it could have developed into something more serious as more and more felt being on the pitch was acceptable.

A few other misdemeanours......smoking, hash smoking, bigoted bile, glass bottles, kids being abused for kicking a ball around outside the stadium, puke, parents pished out their skulls in charge of kids, etc, etc, the list goes on.

Thank god the night passed without any serious injuries / fatalities.

Shame of Scotland.....I find it hard to disagree. It's people like you who think it is OK to behave in this manner that should be shown the door. And if you condone what went on last night in Manchester and at Ibrox then you should go find it.

Oh, and CottonRunt really was pissed he couldn't get a pie!

Right now we are Scotlands shame and if you think not then you are condoning everything that happend last night. This will have long lasting repercussions for the club; I can't imagine what decent folk in Manchester must have thought of all the vulgarity FTP signing and sheer hooliganism and yobism.

Agree

I was at ibrox last night and pretty suprised at the amount of BILLY BOYS and FTP during follow follow, i knew it would happen but it was being sang every few minutes, especially in the queue around the back of the copland going into the mainstand!

I didn't feel unsafe where i was in the queue or the stands, even when my dad started telling people he was actually a killie fan, but came along with me to support gers and scottish football, :lol: from where i was, it was a decent night, some good laughs, and just a shame the bonus of the uefa cup didnt come home.

I was at ibrox last night and pretty suprised at the amount of BILLY BOYS and FTP during follow follow, i knew it would happen but it was being sang every few minutes, especially in the queue around the back of the copland going into the mainstand!

I didn't feel unsafe where i was in the queue or the stands, even when my dad started telling people he was actually a killie fan, but came along with me to support gers and scottish football, :lol: from where i was, it was a decent night, some good laughs, and just a shame the bonus of the uefa cup didnt come home.

Turned out we weren't the only ones there after all!

Turned out we weren't the only ones there after all!

Yeah whoever it as that said "have fun up in ibrox mcboyd itll be you and 5 others" all i can say to that person is.... doh

:lol: