Pascal Chimbonda

gersmad11

Thought I'd give a bit of input as someone who's seen him play a huge amount, both on the telebox and in the flesh...

Pascal Chimbonda is one of the most shocking players I've ever had the misfortune to see wearing the white of Tottenham...

He really wasn't as good as people make out at Wigan. He did OK in a medeoker team, getting voted the best right-back that season by his peers, despite Steve Finnan pissing all over him. I was very against signing him for Spurs, but as he did join, I gave him a chance. After a few weeks, I admitted that I was wrong, and Chimbonda was indeed the real deal. He started so well, I completely changed my opinion of him... that lasted about 2 months, before he switched back into shit mode.

He has very little positional sense, which alone makes you a fairly shite full-back. He loved to attack, although he's constantly getting in the way of his winger, as opposed to going on the outside to either give him another option or to create space. He cannot cross for toffee (which is a bit crap in an attacking full-back), and last but not least, he's so utterly poor in his defensive duties that I reckon at least 50% of the goals Tottenham concede are in some way down to Chimbonda (through poor marking, not holding the line, not getting back after going on a forward run etc etc).

Also lads, the £2m fee mooted is below what we'll get. Although I think he's utter garbage, he's somehow quite highly thought of, and I think he'd fetch double that. If we got £3m for Rasiak, and £6m for Mido, I don't see Chimbonda going for £2m.

Chimbonda ? Thats a joke , he's a money grabbin bassa

“Kevin Keegan has approached me and they’ve offered me more money. I am definitely leaving Spurs. It’s all about the money. I don’t care about the final, I don’t care about the cup.â€

Quite funny how i jst came across Chimbonda being on the transfer list on skysports and post a thead then i wake up the nxt morning and see he has been linked with us lol

Although he has got his problems lyk being a moany cunt i think he would b quality for us be a great RB. remember when Hutton was at RB & Whitty RM tht worked really well and i think tht Pascal & Whitty could get the same thing goin even though Chimbonda isny as gid as Hutts still gt good experience. still hink we would struggle to bring him to Ibrox, Aston Villa wanted um in January for 3-5 mill and they really need a RB and Fulham wnt um aswell. Mainly the wages tht will cause us the problems