Me and Mr Smith.

sairdy

Hi SuperRangers, I'm glad your grandpa got to ge the top man in his club before he passed away, it means a lot to be the president. Like the Roberts pic' we didnt win that day, but that was a classic get it right up yeas day, only surpassed by in 88" by the gers fans singing happy birthday dear celtic as the 5th goal went in.

Hey Coopermania, I have enjoyed posting, and reading the replys. I take it from your name that your hero is Davie? ^_^

He was my hero to. They say that you should never meet your heros, I never met him. Would have loved to. By all accounts he was done to earth and a genuine guy.

I remember the early 80's when we were not so good, 1 player was all we had. Super-cooper. I was over the moon when the good times came back and he enjoyed the Souness era. It seemed to me as a just reward for staying with his team threw the bad times. Rangers threw and threw.

Sadly he died on my birthday, 23 march. Thats just the way it goes. still makes me sad that he aint here.

Hey Coopermania, I have enjoyed posting, and reading the replys. I take it from your name that your hero is Davie? ^_^

He was my hero to. They say that you should never meet your heros, I never met him. Would have loved to. By all accounts he was done to earth and a genuine guy.

I remember the early 80's when we were not so good, 1 player was all we had. Super-cooper. I was over the moon when the good times came back and he enjoyed the Souness era. It seemed to me as a just reward for staying with his team threw the bad times. Rangers threw and threw.

Sadly he died on my birthday, 23 march. Thats just the way it goes. still makes me sad that he aint here.

Sairdy, just to clear things up. I never intended on causing offense.

I thought posting details of Smith's personal life just wasn't cricket though.

I'd be 1st to post criticism of him in a footballing sense, I read your thoughts on our CL aspirations in 93 with a sense of 'familiarity'.

Sairdy, just to clear things up. I never intended on causing offense.

I thought posting details of Smith's personal life just wasn't cricket though.

I'd be 1st to post criticism of him in a footballing sense, I read your thoughts on our CL aspirations in 93 with a sense of 'familiarity'.

Jimenez, there was no offense taken at your post, I was a little put of at your deduction that I didn't go to Jacks Funeral because of his son. I did not go for the reason I stated and that reason only. If you are content with this response then I am too.

In general I believe that if you are a public figure then you have no personal life, its just the price you pay for being famous.

Pacifically in this instance I don't believe I have posted anything about The Smith family that was not already public record.

I was not being sarcastic about your pompous dig, I did generally find it funny and as I mentioned I have never been called that before.

I look forward to crossing swords with you over football matters, and agreeing with you as well.

RANGERS TILL I DIE.

I remember growing up remembering most of the 9iar era and most tims saying Walter wasn't a good manager. He just had more money to spend. As hard it is ti admit, lately they're being proved right.

He sure was my hero sairdy. I was a left winger when I played, tried to copy Coop, just never could :lol:

Its amazing to think that he stayed at Rangers through those bad years. Like Souness said, he could easily have gone to Italy and become a millionaire.

I remember a video of Coop saying that he was only sorry the good times had come back, just as his career was coming to a close :(

Coopermania, your a hard hard man. Im a tough kinda guy in the mental and physical use of the word, however you are hard. Really hard. your youtube post had me erm.. lets just say I had something in my eye (s). Not many people can do that to me. So point taken I aint gonna mess with you boss. :unsure:;)

Coopermania, your a hard hard man. Im a tough kinda guy in the mental and physical use of the word, however you are hard. Really hard. your youtube post had me erm.. lets just say I had something in my eye (s). Not many people can do that to me. So point taken I aint gonna mess with you boss. :unsure:;)

Hard, me ? :lol: Ive no idea what youre talking about, PM me.

Actually, I think I know ;)

My sense of humour has been described as corrosive. The youtube vid with cooper almost made me burst into tears. Therefore you must be a hard man to be able to deal with it. Much tougher than me. ;)

My sense of humour has been described as corrosive. The youtube vid with cooper almost made me burst into tears. Therefore you must be a hard man to be able to deal with it. Much tougher than me. ;)

No man, no worries, its great memories like this that are what help us carry on.

Coop wouldve wanted that. :rangers: