Canadian Bears

bouncy

Does any canada bears still get to europe to follow the Bears ?

cause i said on here some time ago that my folks wanted to move over - it may look like its going to happen so i need to find ways of getting to europe away and old firm games :rangers:

cause i said on here some time ago that my folks wanted to move over - it may look like its going to happen so i need to find ways of getting to europe away and old firm games :rangers:

I imagine you would fly?

I imagine you would fly?

Your a right sarcastic b-a-s-t-a-r-d, does it come easy?

bouncy: pm CR he should have some info on this - i can imagine that rsc do come over now and again but i would think it would be an expensive trip - £500 easy maybe more - all these cheap deals dont exist - but if its only once or twice a season you may be able to manage it.

There are a number of options to get over. I would suggest that it is going to cost you around $500 round trip after taxes etc. That is CAN dollars btw. Its cheaper to fly from Canada to the UK.

I think I paid about $471 round trip for mine direct Toronto to Manchester.

Try Zoom Airlines, Airtransat, Globespan etc. Also, make sure you check out of Toronto and Hamilton if you are moving to Ontario. If you are moving somewhere else in Canada, you will have to be specific with it. The country is enormous as you might have figured.

There are a number of options to get over. I would suggest that it is going to cost you around $500 round trip after taxes etc. That is CAN dollars btw. Its cheaper to fly from Canada to the UK.

I think I paid about $471 round trip for mine direct Toronto to Manchester.

Try Zoom Airlines, Airtransat, Globespan etc. Also, make sure you check out of Toronto and Hamilton if you are moving to Ontario. If you are moving somewhere else in Canada, you will have to be specific with it. The country is enormous as you might have figured.

Due to the high fuel surcharges in place now, it is difficult to find much under $600 or more return from toronto no matter the time of year (I have been watching the airfares because I wanted to go back in October to party for my birthday and tax on the airfare alone was almost $500), if you're thinking of Alberta you'll be adding at least another $300-$400 to that, so I would say unless you're independently wealthy or won the lotto you wont be making every euro away and old firm match...the cost of airfare alone would be INCREDIBLE. Yes, folk from RSC's in North America do go back over for games and to visit family, but usually about once or twice a year. Also will want to check www.canadianaffair.ca for airfares, that company mostly uses thomas cook airlines. I've been over at least once or more a year in the past 5 years but am finding it more and more difficult as time passes due to the rising cost of the airfares (never mind the overweight baggage fees they charge me on way home lol).

my folks were saying Alberta due to the job outburtsts lol

Huge money there but it is a hell of a long way west.

You would be flying 3 hours I woud assume to just get to Toronto. 7 Hours after that. Good luck.

Calgary or Edmonton direct to Heathrow is a 9 hour flight and then you still have to get up to Glasgow. Of course, all the job creation is here in the west.

as for getting over for games, I should think very few Canadian bears get to attend more than 2 or 3 games a season.

Greenock to Canada eh? You lucky man, hope you and your family settle somewhere alittle nicer than here :D

ps - Your going to fly back a few times a year? Damn your folks must have money! What part of the west end do you live in? lol

I imagine you would fly?

Your a right sarcastic b-a-s-t-a-r-d, does it come easy?

bouncy: pm CR he should have some info on this - i can imagine that rsc do come over now and again but i would think it would be an expensive trip - £500 easy maybe more - all these cheap deals dont exist - but if its only once or twice a season you may be able to manage it.

Thanks for the kind words.

£500 from Canada sounds fine.

Kaunus from Glasgow is £350+

I go back a couple of times a year from the States but you have to pick your times so you can see as many games as possible in the shortest period of time. i.e. If there is a european game mid week I leave on the Thursday overnight to the UK get the game on the Saturday, mid week in Europe and usually the next league game on a Sunday. Travel back on the Monday. Not only is it expensive but you use up a lot of hols in a hurry.

ah fuck doesnt sound like the best thing to do...am not looking to go for a week only a few days if i was to get back for the football .

With the time difference (7 hours mountain time to Glasgow) and jet lag it really isn't worth going for anything less than a week.

travelling doesnt bother me , although the furthest i done is 5 hours for an Inverness v Rangers game and ended up just in time for the KO lol

7 hours is the time difference. I flew from Calgary to Glasgow via London on the way back from the NARSAconvention this year and it was 15 hours travel time but you lose 7 hours so it's 22 hours.