When can we expect the new stadium announcement

Can't be long before SDM announces plans for the stadium redevelopment to try and deflect the attention from the carlos sale, or a potential mega-bucks buyer.

I also have a sneeking suspicion that Fleck or Furman may get a chance at the weekend as another attempt to appease the fans!

That said it really does feel that those running the club have deserted the fans. Balance books before billy boys!

With the recent collapse of the property and banking markets, this development will have been shelved for at least the next 12-18 months I'd imagine.

Even if the rumours regarding the scale of the work were true, this is another example of SDM mouthing off prematurely and embarrassing the rest of us.

With the recent collapse of the property and banking markets, this development will have been shelved for at least the next 12-18 months I'd imagine.

Even if the rumours regarding the scale of the work were true, this is another example of SDM mouthing off prematurely and embarrassing the rest of us.

Seems very cooshty to blame the credit crunch on everything eh?

Murray is a fucking embarrassment of a man.

To be fair on this occassion Frankie, the only reason he released the plans was because the media got wind ofthem and he wanted the club to report it first. There wasn't enough time for him to put any real thought into a public announcement and it therefore gave us all a false hope of it being imminent.

I'm not blaming the lack of info on the credit crunch. But to deny it wouldn't affect such plans isn't accurate....

I'm not blaming the lack of info on the credit crunch. But to deny it wouldn't affect such plans isn't accurate....

True... but I remember a time when Murray wouldn't have given such a thing a second thought.

To be fair on this occassion Frankie, the only reason he released the plans was because the media got wind ofthem and he wanted the club to report it first. There wasn't enough time for him to put any real thought into a public announcement and it therefore gave us all a false hope of it being imminent.

He could have underplayed or denied the media story.

He could have commented again since to explain why there has been no progress.

True... but I remember a time when Murray wouldn't have given such a thing a second thought.

Unfortunately any stadium development is likely to hinge on a number of players (RFC, MIH, HBOS, PPG, GCC, SE etc) so while Murray be willing to go ahead (which I doubt), the others won't be so hasty to invest in a market that is losing money by the tens of millions....

Unfortunately any stadium development is likely to hinge on a number of players (RFC, MIH, HBOS, PPG, GCC, SE etc) so while Murray be willing to go ahead (which I doubt), the others won't be so hasty to invest in a market that is losing money by the tens of millions....

See your point.

But to be more blunt... I remember a time where Murray would hold so much influence with all these people that they wouldn't have given it a second thought.

I thin Murray has burnt almost every bridge he ever made.

See your point.

But to be more blunt... I remember a time where Murray would hold so much influence with all these people that they wouldn't have given it a second thought.

I thin Murray has burnt almost every bridge he ever made.

That is a fair point. Murray has shown little signs of being the kind of business visionary that people would want to invest in.

These groups only need ask Rangers fans, ENIC and Dave King if they get value for money... ;)

He could have underplayed or denied the media story.

He could have commented again since to explain why there has been no progress.

Of course, i am not defending him mate, just trying to explain why the plans were released in the first place.

If he had denied that there was such plans the supporters would have accused him of a lack of amition anyway. :lol:

But, yes, he should have commented again on the issue like he promised. Instead we are being kept in the dark once again by those in charge. Surprise surprise.

Of course, i am not defending him mate, just trying to explain why the plans were released in the first place.

If he had denied that there was such plans the supporters would have accused him of a lack of amition anyway. :lol:

But, yes, he should have commented again on the issue like he promised. Instead we are being kept in the dark once again by those in charge. Surprise surprise.

Mate, there's little doubt that sometimes the club can do nothing right no matter what option they choose.

Unfortunately, when it comes to the development issue, they didn't help themselves so I have little sympathy this time... ;)