Rangers in the Premiership

Dobie.7

286 members have voted

1. 1. Rangers to enter Premiership

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Join the Welsh League instead.

What are Your views on Rangers going down to the Premiership? (if we were)

I think if we joined we would get:

. Alot of money for getting there

.Humped by the bigger teams

.Celtic following complaining of being bored and feeling left out.

Sorry about Premeir League got carried away with myself and confuzzeld <cr>

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To start with mid-table, but once the money started rolling (then maybe 3 years or so down the line) Rangers would be the biggest club in the world.

Are you on crack?

To start with mid-table, but once the money started rolling (then maybe 3 years or so down the line) Rangers would be the biggest club in the world.

Are you on crack?

And why not?

With the revenue and extra capacity we'd obviously be able to attract we'd be there or there abouts.

P.S. I'm on herion but the point is still valid

Are you on crack?

And why not?

With the revenue and extra capacity we'd obviously be able to attract we'd be there or there abouts.

I'm not getting into this because it's crazy talk, stupid and insulting. We would need to win 4 3,4 or 5 CL before we could even start to talk about being big on a global scale

Are you on crack?

And why not?

I'm not getting into this because it's crazy talk, stupid and insulting. We would need to win 4 3,4 or 5 CL before we could even start to talk about being big on a global scale

Aye 'cause the paltry 2 European cups Barcelona have won have held them back in terms of global marketing.

Real shame Arsenal haven't won it yet, otherwise they'd be famous worldwide.

There's other ways of measuring the scale of a club that's nothing to do with winning Champions Leagues.

Id say we are in the top 5 supported clubs in the world. Celtic and Man United being among the others.

Real Madrid are the biggest team in the world. And will always be.

Rangers are NOT even close to being top 15 supported clubs in the world.

It's a clubs history that demeans it.

Look at newcastle, they have a huge fan base, their fans think they are a big club, but they aint, they have no history.

Are you on crack?

And why not?

Aye 'cause the paltry 2 European cups Barcelona have won have held them back in terms of global marketing.

Man U have won 3.

you're talking crap

There's other ways of measuring the scale of a club that's nothing to do with winning Champions Leagues.

Id say we are in the top 5 supported clubs in the world. Celtic and Man United being among the others.

the western world, certainly. but when you look further east and to south america.. then its a different league.

boca have more supports than rangers, celtic and man u added together for example...

its nuts, i know.

Look at newcastle, they have a huge fan base, their fans think they are a big club, but they aint, they have no history.

Newcastle has always been a flawed comparison.

The fact of the matter is that everyone in Newcastle supports Newcastle (well the vast majority) but no-one outside of Newcastle supports Newcastle bar a few ex-pats dotted about the place. That makes them seen bigger than what they are.

Newcastle is just about everyone in Newcastle's local team, see what I'm getting at?

Name 15 other clubs world wide better supported than Rangers?

I forgot we have no history :(

In the Scottish leage.

If i was to ask the arab lads and the indian lads at my work now about Rangers they would struggle to say anything, but if i was to mention an EPL, Spanish, Italian, Dutch team they would rattle off a converstaion about that no problem, same over in South Eat Asia.

the western world, certainly. but when you look further east and to south america.. then its a different league.

boca have more supports than rangers, celtic and man u added together for example...

its nuts, i know.

Yeah, I appreciate that beacuse Argentina has a population of about 400 million.

How many Boca Juniors supporters clubs are there in various places in the world like USA, Canada, Australia, Austria, Germany, Portugal, Dubai, Holland, Ireland, UK, Swedan etc etc like Rangers have?

Are you on crack?

And why not?

Man U have won 3.

you're talking crap

I realized that and edited before you posted. So Barcelona aren't a global force? Conveniently left them out huh?

You have a bizarre willingness to degrade Rangers.

The fact of the matter is that everyone in Newcastle supports Newcastle (well the vast majority) but no-one outside of Newcastle supports Newcastle bar a few ex-pats dotted about the place. That makes them seen bigger than what they are.

Newcastle is just about everyone in Newcastle's local team, see what I'm getting at?

Real Madrid

Barca

Juve

Inter

Milan

Celtic

Ajax

Bayern Munich

Liverpool

Chelsea

Arsenal

Tottenham

Boca juniors

Riverplate

Sporting Lisbon

And that was with out even thinking.

mate i work and live all over the world and have done for 17 years and open my eyes to all this.

]

I realized that and edited before you posted. So Barcelona aren't a global force? Conveniently left them out huh?

I have said in another post, i say it because i see it with my own eyes.

I struggle to see a live Rangers game, even the UEFA cup final was hard to find in Thailand.

In the Scottish leage.

If i was to ask the arab lads and the indian lads at my work now about Rangers they would struggle to say anything, but if i was to mention an EPL, Spanish, Italian, Dutch team they would rattle off a converstaion about that no problem, same over in South Eat Asia.

And if we were to join the EPL we would gain that recognition? Correct?

Chelsea are fast becoming a global force.

If Rangers joined the EPL with the local fan base they have they would automatically be propelled to super club status

Why are you arguing about a future scenario based on the past?

Real Madrid

Barca

Juve

Inter

Milan

Celtic

Ajax

Bayern Munich

Liverpool

Chelsea

Arsenal

Tottenham

Boca juniors

Riverplate

Sporting Lisbon

mate i work and live all over the world and have done for 17 years and open my eyes to all this.

I know you work all over the world.

I dont think for one minute Sporting Lisbon, Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Ajax, Inter, Juventus and Barcelona are better supported than Rangers.

Liverpool would come close to Rangers and Celtic are on a par with Rangers.

Beacuse you see little kids running about streets with Arsenal and Chelsea and Barca tops on doesnt mean they support them clubs, its to do with marketing and the players they attract etc and the like. They are globally known through commericalism... which is something we can't do until we get into the Premiership which brings us back round to the initial point.

Real Madrid

Barca

Juve

Inter

Milan

Celtic

Ajax

Bayern Munich

Liverpool

Chelsea

Arsenal

Tottenham

Boca juniors

Riverplate

Sporting Lisbon

:blink:

outed?

Real Madrid

Barca

Juve

Inter

Milan

Celtic

Ajax

Bayern Munich

Liverpool

Chelsea

Arsenal

Tottenham

Boca juniors

Riverplate

Sporting Lisbon

:mutley:http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=83250

In the Scottish leage.

And if we were to join the EPL we would gain that recognition? Correct?

Chelsea are fast becoming a global force.

If Rangers joined the EPL with the local fan base they have they would automatically be propelled to super club status

Why are you arguing about a future scenario based on the past?

The arguemt is about the kid saying "Rangers would be the biggest club in the world 3 years after we joined"

Naturaly we would increase the intrest in the club, we would hopefully get the right marketing team in which would tout us over the world, and our pre-seaons would take place in selective countries that love the EPL.

This would have a knock on effect with the money coming in from TV money which in turn would mean we are an atractive investment for a rich Arab or Russian and we would go down the Chelsea road.

But we would NEVER ever be in the top club status while we are alive. There's too many teams that have had those places cemented for decades and that aint gonna change much.

]

I have said in another post, i say it because i see it with my own eyes.

I struggle to see a live Rangers game, even the UEFA cup final was hard to find in Thailand.

Maybe because we play in a relatively unknown league.

Sweet Jebus