The Pioneer

ricardopatrese

Me, Muffger and a few others have just been mulling over the likeliehood of Pressley and other defenders coming to Ibrox when the thought struck me.....

What if PLG approached DM with the idea of revolutionising the game in Scotland by changing the tactical approach of the game, so that we would take a hit for at least a season (i.e. win feck all), but eventually the shape of the scottish game would be changed by RFC so dramatically that not only would RFC's style of football become the LEADER, but that EVERYONE else would HAVE to FOLLOW!

Imagine the guts that that would take?

What if DM was the one to say - "F**k it!. We'll lead - they'll follow and I'll take the hit until we get it right. We've got the best young manager in europe and a very talented squad capable of being the fulcrum for this transitional period."

How ballsy would that be?

If we develop a style of football skilfull enough that no-one else in Scotland can deal with (simply by accepting the fact that we can take the hits for a period of time long enough to learn to adapt), then eventually EVERYONE has to follow us!?

It would take septic and the other so-called BIG clubs AT LEAST 2 years to catch up and everyone else at LEAST 5 Years!

Pipe dream?................

"i'll buy that for a dollar"

Yeah mate you could have a point, albeit and extravagant one, but that is a cracking shout. If your right your a genius!

Infact the more I think about it i hope you ar right. This would be the best thing that any club have ever done. It would be simply the best

Maybe this is what Le Guen is trying to do with Rangers and Murray likes the idea.

I don't think it would ever work tho, the rest of the teams would finally find a way of stopping it.

Would be good tho.

"i'll buy that for a dollar"

Yeah mate you could have a point, albeit and extravagant one, but that is a cracking shout. If your right your a genius!

Infact the more I think about it i hope you ar right. This would be the best thing that any club have ever done. It would be simply the best

I love it - you're buying into it excatly the way I just did when i thought it it minutes ago. But lets be honest, if it happens, the the ideas most likely DM's or PLG's ! - Either way I'm still delighted if it works! :D:D:D:D

Can we get good enough players for that style?

i know. that's the challenge ain't it. suppose he's buying from the likes of austria cos he thinks its a good hybrid? - i.e. scots/european?

Dunno, but I'm sure there must be players out there that can mix the two and Svennson looks like he's one of them BECOMING capable of doing it at a young age.

We already have them!

So far the majority of PLG's signings have been on the fringes. Because they currently dont suit the style of play in the spl. When we can convincingly beat teams with the new style all the new lads will be intergrated.

Oh Ricardo, I am completely sold now mate. 100% behind this philosophy

We already have them!

So far the majority of PLG's signings have been on the fringes. Because they currently dont suit the style of play that we are heading towards. When we can convincingly beat teams with the new style all the new lads will be intergrated.

:D Brilliant!

I have my first recruit!

WACO 2 - here we come!!!

We already have them!

So far the majority of PLG's signings have been on the fringes. Because they currently dont suit the style of play that we are heading towards. When we can convincingly beat teams with the new style all the new lads will be intergrated.

:D Brilliant!

I have my first recruit!

WACO 2 - here we come!!!

yeah mate show me where to sign up, you have my full backing on this one. Personally its becoming less and less far fetched in my mind, it actually makes sense

Yes ! Right! great! BUT When do we start WININING games consistently?

Good for a LAUGH thats all!

When PLG wins say 9 in a row - just games - I may believe something, but lets see how we get on in the next TWO for now.

:rolleyes:

6 points from our next two away games (tu)

Thanks SFA for those two away games in consecutive weeks, bunch of w*nkers!

Muff, we better get 6 points or we have a hard battle for 2nd/3rd place!

We have the talent to do it if we keep playing with a positive attitude.

If we play like we did against Hibs and celtic we will f*ck those sheep!

Both hard games but we will do it!

I believe PLG was always going to change our style ,and he said early on it would be tough to integrate his style upon the team in such a short space of time.

I'm sure he thought he could do it quicker, but things are slowly taking shape. I believe to play his style he needs a vey quick striker, that is why he doesnt rate Boyd, its nothing personal just that he doesnt fit his plans.

I believe PLG was always going to change our style ,and he said early on it would be tough to integrate his style upon the team in such a short space of time.

I'm sure he thought he could do it quicker, but things are slowly taking shape. I believe to play his style he needs a vey quick striker, that is why he doesnt rate Boyd, its nothing personal just that he doesnt fit his plans.

Yep, bang on - I absolutely agree with you.

All my original post was saying is that PLG and DM may have had a deeper agenda at work than we had originally given them credit for.

I bloody hope so!

Get real guys. They can have any beep beep agenda they want AS LONG AS IT PRODUCES A WINNING TEAM. Thats what we are all interested in - WINNING! Nothing else matters!

BTW The SOONER the BETTER!!

This is REALPOLITIKS! Not the beep beep rubbish spouted above.

We all want a winning team right now. Its very possible so why not?

We have seen flashes of it - just need consistency, which hopefully is on its way.

End of rant.

Get real guys.  They can have any beep beep agenda they want AS LONG AS IT PRODUCES A WINNING TEAM.  Thats what we are all interested in - WINNING! Nothing else matters! 

BTW The SOONER the BETTER!!

This is REALPOLITIKS!  Not the beep beep rubbish spouted above.

We all want a winning team right now.  Its very possible so why not?

We have seen flashes of it - just need consistency, which hopefully is on its way.

End of rant.

ach your just not a visionary like me nvager!

Merry christmas anyway!

Ricardopatrese - I like a vision of fantasy football just like you do, but Walts 9 in a row was very effective and did not gather many complaints.

Once we get on our winning way we can THEN progress to real fantasy type football. Winning comes first though.

Yes - and MERRY XMAS to you too my little visionary friend. Most sincerely too!

:D:):lol: B) (beer) (beer1)