Why HMRC Should Cut A Deal With Rangers

Guardian

Good post. I have been wondering if what HMRC really want is to win the tax case. Once that is won they may well cut us some slack on the repayment. Obviously not as much slack as would like. It would allow HMRC to go after the EPL teams with some real clout behind them.

It really is not in HMRC interest to see us go into liquidation. The only thing I am not sure about is how the CVA works. If a percentage is agreed with HMRC does it combine both Tax bills or can they be separated out?

Doubt it mate. If HMRC win and are due, say, £50m then I doubt they'll just say "Ach just give £20m". Spent a lot of time and money on this case and at the end of the day, the goal for them is trying to get the money back.

They're going after the EPL clubs because they feel they are due money. Their reason for our case is the same, they are after the money.

Is that the same Tax Man who does deals with Company's such as Vodafone, and big Oil cos to save Paying Billions on Tax.

That Tax Man?The same Tax Man that gives Billions upon Billions to Bail out Banks .

The Irony of this .Why wouldn't Rangers Fans want a Deal? Or for that matter .Why wouldn't anyone want a Deal with that Tax Man?

Makes sense to me ,unless there is a hidden Agenda in all of this.shifty.gif

Rather proves my point. You rail against deals for the likes of Vodafone and Big Oil, but complain that Rangers might not get one.

The Tax Man didn't give billions and billions to bail out the banks ... that was a governmental decision made by, I think you'll find, Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling. Alex Salmond could easily bail out the Gers from Scotland's budget and I wouldn't complain. Thousands, perhaps millions, would complain. That, I suspect, rules that out ... Salmond isn't stupid. Moreover, of course, the government received something tangible for the dosh ... RBS is almost wholly owned by the government and the government is a the major shareholder in Lloyds Banking Group. Ultimately, somewhere down the line those shareholdings will be sold on.

Rather proves my point. You rail against deals for the likes of Vodafone and Big Oil, but complain that Rangers might not get one.

The Tax Man didn't give billions and billions to bail out the banks ... that was a governmental decision made by, I think you'll find, Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling. Alex Salmond could easily bail out the Gers from Scotland's budget and I wouldn't complain. Thousands, perhaps millions, would complain. That, I suspect, rules that out ... Salmond isn't stupid. Moreover, of course, the government received something tangible for the dosh ... RBS is almost wholly owned by the government and the government is a the major shareholder in Lloyds Banking Group. Ultimately, somewhere down the line those shareholdings will be sold on.

And yes I am a Rangers fan so I will stick up for my Club.

But the Irony is lost on you.

They deal with every cunt else , but not Rangers.

The HMRC full of self serving Knobs that dont know what thier doing in general.

Except in this case .Ironic.

Much has been made about whether HMRC will cut a deal with Rangers if the tax case goes against us.

The dark side would have us believe that we should be made an example of and forced to pay back every penny in mock outrage about the money being denied to the government. If we can't pay, they say, we should be liquidated.

Clearly they are only interested in the "liquidated" part for their own ends and couldn't give a toss about the taxpayer, they spend most of every game ranting against the government. They know Rangers being handicapped or liquidated is the only way they can win the league.

What has been missed though, is the enormous amount of wealth and tax that Rangers creates in Scotland as a whole. Think of all the flights, trains, ferries, subway, taxis, hotels, catering, pubs, clubs, papers, magazines, merchandise etc etc

I'm sure there's plenty more could be added to that list. Quite apart from the tax, how many businesses and jobs live off Rangers ? Thats quite a lot of people we keep off the benefits system.

How much tax a year would be lost to the economy if Rangers vanished ?

It's a fair bet that the tax lost would outweigh the worst case scenario within 2 years at most.

Anyone genuinely concerned about the government receiving taxes, must see that it's in in all our interests that Rangers survive.

It's the better deal.

HMRC are willing to deal with RFC plc.

HMRC are not wiling to deal with Craig Whyte in any way, shape or form.

HMRC are willing to deal with RFC plc.

HMRC are not wiling to deal with Craig Whyte in any way, shape or form.

Oh well HMRC should not allow their personal opinions get in the way of the Tax Payers business.

Very unproffesional.They should deal with him, and then we can move on maybe .

They have dealt with worse twats than him before.

Oh well HMRC should not allow their personal opinions get in the way of the Tax Payers business.

Very unproffesional.They should deal with him, and then we can move on maybe .

They have dealt with worse twats than him before.

However, since Whyte assumed control at Rangers the club appears to have stopped paying taxes ... would you be willing to make a deal with Whyte under those circumstances?

People really do have a curious attitude towards the tax man. They rail against tax dodgers, for the most part. Tax avoidance measures by most companies are frowned upon ... in fact they usually bring forth torrents of invective. Unless, of course, it's the football club you support that has been avoiding tax. Then the tax man is the villain of the piece.

Not sure what point your're making M8 but tax avoidance is perfectly acceptable, if you talk to a finacial advisor the first thing they'll try and sell you are investments or way's to try and aviod paying tax.

If a tradesman offers a saving on VAT for cash, do most punters refuse and say, no I'll pay 20% extra thanks?

That's tax avoidance.

However, since Whyte assumed control at Rangers the club appears to have stopped paying taxes ... would you be willing to make a deal with Whyte under those circumstances?

If it meant recouping Tax payers Money then yes i would and I would put personal opinions aside .

Fuck me they deal with bigger crooks than him on a Daily basis.

Get real.

Its called the business world.

I dont confess to be in it but theres bigger crooks they will deal with.White Collar Crooks.

This Tax Bill apears to be about unfare charges added.

Whyte did say he offered to pay ,but HMRC didnt deny that so he may have offered .

But yet again he may be lying at this stage we dont know.

All we do know is HMRC wont negotiate with Whyte.

Thats getting personal ,and should not get in the way of business.Why shouldnt they?Or are they just being grade one Arseholes?Could be that.Eh?

If it meant recouping Tax payers Money then yes i would and I would put personal opinions aside .

But are you going to recoup anything at all? How trustworthy has he shown himself to be? What happens if Rangers - Whyte - don't play the protestant and still don't cough over the readies? HMRC would be left looking very stupid.

But are you going to recoup anything at all? How trustworthy has he shown himself to be? What happens if Rangers - Whyte - don't play the protestant and still don't cough over the readies? HMRC would be left looking very stupid.

What you mean the same way they looked stupid against Harry. Poor reasons to not do deals to recoup Money.

By the way keep the Religion out of it. I attend Church regularly work hard, and Pay my Taxes as well, and remember Rangers FC and its Fans have put Billions in the Coffers.Past, Present and Future if the HMRC care to Indulge in some sort of Communications to sort out the Money of Tax Payment.

... and remember Rangers FC and its Fans have put Billions in the Coffers.Past, Present and Future ...

You make it sound like some altruistic gesture ... they've paid because they had to. The brass at Rangers decided that the club wouldn't pay taxes and must suffer the consequences.

You make it sound like some altruistic gesture ... they've paid because they had to. The brass at Rangers decided that the club wouldn't pay taxes and must suffer the consequences.

Yeh you are correct as if they aren't suffering enough .Make them suffer a bit more.What kind of suffering do you want then?

The Brass what the Hell is that then? You mean Whyte .One Man decided take us into Administration.The Board wanted nothing to do with it.

Is that it your final decision ,make Rangers suffer ,so what was the Ten point Deduction then ,wasn't that enough of a Punishment for you.And yet we can also Miss out on European Football.

If that's your sad opinion on making a Football Team suffer I wonder if you are the same with Portsmouth or if it was Septic FC would you be the same .

Tell you what you sure cant be a Rangers Supporter. If you are then your a Masochistic type .Completely cant see the point of this can you .

So lets summarise Whyte gets hit for a Tax Bill of 4.5 Mil, he says he offered to Pay the original 2.5 but not the Add ons the HMRC tell him no and the Bill then goes up to 9 Million .

So he decides to take us in to Administration.

Is that reasonable dealing from HMRC?They say they will Deal with Rangers but not him,well sorry he controls Rangers, and everyone at the Club are at the Mercy of this Twat,but the HMRC don't care as long as they don't deal with Whyte.

Meanwhile the rest of the workforce suffer along with the rest of Scottish Football.Whether we like it or not HMRC are part of the problem along with Whyte, and need to sit and discuss this Problem.

It shouldn't have went this Far.

It is of no consequence to me which football club is involved. My attitude would be the same if it were any other club in the realm.

Now, do you think that Rangers should be made exempt from taxation?

It is of no consequence to me which football club is involved. My attitude would be the same if it were any other club in the realm.

Now, do you think that Rangers should be made exempt from taxation?

No I don't and that's the part your missing in this discussion ,but what I do think, is Rangers FC should be afforded the same opportunity as any other Business. Now my communications has ended with you as you definitely are not a Rangers Fan, and don't have our Club at Heart in your snide comments with reference Tax issues .

Go back to the other side now, and tell them there will always be a Rangers, and that they need us as much as the rest of Scottish Football needs us.

And that's an awfull lot.

You are now officially on silence .