No Panic Buys From Chesney?

No panic buys promises Strachan

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan insisted he will not be rushing into signings before the transfer window closes despite losing to Rangers on Sunday.

Strachan had said before the champions' 4-2 home defeat that he was unlikely to sign anyone before midnight on Monday.

"These 30-odd hours or more will be me concentrating on what happened in the second half," he added after the game.

"They had one bit of brilliance and we had two bad mistakes. So, put that together and you get the result."

Strachan, who had pointed out before kick-off that Celtic had lost the opening Old Firm games in the last two seasons before going on to win the Scottish title, said that he and his coaches would analyse the game again on video.

"But we have an idea where we went wrong," he told BBC Sport.

However, Strachan had been pleased with his side until Rangers' second-half surge, Georgios Samaras having equalised after Daniel Cousin had put the visitors ahead after beating Mark Wilson for pace.

"I thought the game was terrific in the first half," said the Celtic manager.

"It was end-to-end, but I thought we were alright and playing some good stuff.

"We were quite comfortable and I didn't see that coming in the second half."

A double from former Celtic striker Kenny Miller and a long-range drive from Pedro Mendes put Rangers in command before a late reply from Shunsuke Nakamura.

"The passing of the ball was half-decent by both sides, but it's all about brilliance, which is what Mendes did," Strachan said.

The manager had no complaints about Dougie McDonald after the referee sent off Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink for kicking out at Kirk Broadfoot.

"I thought the referee had a good game," was all the Celtic boss would say about the incident.

Posted the BBC interview for people to read. He's too stubborn to admit he's wrong and buy anybody, which bodes well for us. Here's hoping he's too stubborn to change his midfield and defensive line up for the rest of the season too :mutley: