England V NZ - Twenty20 @ Old Trafford

Date: Friday 13 June Start: 1730 BST Venue: Old Trafford, Manchester

Coverage: Ball-by-ball on BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra, live updates on BBC Sport website with Ben Dirs, live on sky sports 1 from 1700 GMT

After beating NZ 2-0 in the 3 game Test series, We (England) will be looking for a bit of momentum going into the 5 game ODI series that starts on Sunday.

England squad (with shirt numbers in brackets): Collingwood (capt, 5), Ambrose (wkt, 12), Anderson (9), Bell (7), Bopara (42), Broad (8), Cook (26), Mascarenhas (32), Pietersen (24), Sidebottom (78), Shah (3), Swann (66), Tremlett (33), Wright (45).

New Zealand (from): Vettori (capt), McCullum (wkt), How, Fulton, Taylor, Styris, Flynn, Oram, Marshall, Mills, Marshall, Patel, Gillespie, Mason.

Umpires: IJ Gould & PJ Hartley.

3rd Umpire: RA Kettleborough.

Match Referee: Javagal Srinath (Ind).

Views on the teams?

Hopefully McCullum carries his IPL form into this. Apart from him, Vettori, Taylor and Oram, that's a very weak NZ team that will struggle to make runs quickly.

Barring McCullum and Taylor getting in, i expect England to win comfortably.

Let me guess... You are supporting NZ for the ODI's?

I can tell the moment you said hopefully he carries his IPL form into this...

COME ON ENGLAND :harhar:

Hopefully McCullum carries his IPL form into this. Apart from him, Vettori, Taylor and Oram, that's a very weak NZ team that will struggle to make runs quickly.

Barring McCullum and Taylor getting in, i expect England to win comfortably.

Let me guess... You are supporting NZ for the ODI's?

I can tell the moment you said hopefully he carries his IPL form into this...

COME ON ENGLAND :harhar:

I support England against the Aussie's that's about it, but that's got nothing to do with it, i adopted New Zealand as my international team a few years ago when i started watching cricket. Similarities with Scotland being a a few good players then a rotation of a bunch of journeymen nobodies that make the best of their limited talents. Not too good, not too bad. Plus i would go gay for Daniel Vettori, he can finger spin me any day. [/poof]

:king:

Guest Andypendek

eeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

That's really not cricket.

England's bowling attack doesn't fill me with confidence: Anderson expensive, Tremlett the same, Mascarenhas hot or cold, Broad the business, Collingwood less said the better. McCullum will fancy filling his boots. How's the weather in Manc? He's probably left for a bevvy already, though.

I'm not sure about Tremlett. I thought he was going to be brilliant a couple of years ago, but injury's fucked him. Hopefully Simon Jones can remain injury free and force himself back into the side.

Didn't see the game as I don't have SkySports. Comprehensive, though it's a shame Bopara never got a chance. Maybe England will actually perform well in the ODIs this season.

Guest Andypendek

Can you write up a report, Donald? I was engrossed in the Holland - France game. I don't even know who won yet, tho it would seem it was England.

Can you write up a report, Donald? I was engrossed in the Holland - France game. I don't even know who won yet, tho it would seem it was England.

I was doing the same... great game!

Back to the cricket - England won by 9 wickets. NZ were 123-9 off their 20. Wickets shared between Broad, Anderson, Swann (all got 2 each). Bell hit 60 of 40-odd balls and eased home. Luke Wright the only man out for a quick-fire 20 odd.

I was hoping for more of a challenge from the black caps in the ODs - they deserve some success. I like Vettori et al - they've always seemed genuninely nice guys. Better than those arrogant convicts, especially that tosser Matty Hayden. Absolute wazzock.

Guest Andypendek

To be fair, if I could bat like Hayden I'd be pretty arrogant too. In fact, if you can back it up, is it even arrogance?

In all truth I prefer Test cricket - there's a lot more to it than 20-20. Still, a win is a win and no doubt ManchesterGer had a nice evening out.

To be fair, if I could bat like Hayden I'd be pretty arrogant too. In fact, if you can back it up, is it even arrogance?

In all truth I prefer Test cricket - there's a lot more to it than 20-20. Still, a win is a win and no doubt ManchesterGer had a nice evening out.

It's more Hayden's atitude to evey other world cricket side. The stuff he and McGrath come out with in the build up to an Ashes verges on insulting and disrespectful in my opinion.

One of the worst things I've ever heard was Alan Stanford answer to the question: What do you think of test cricket?

His reply: 'In all honesty, I find it boring." Unfortunately, it's a view that's getting increasingly popular throughout the cricket world. We are fortunate in Britain to have a team who still holds tests as the pinacle of cricket. I do worry for it's future, however...

Guest Andypendek

I agree to an extent with the Aussie arrogance thing.

One year when they were on the way over, they stopped off at Gallipolli, to 'pay their respects.' And in no way at all to pysche themselves up for what they clearly regarded as a 'war' to be won, or to drive home the Irish chip about the British. Childish, ignorant, disrespectful, take your pick. Hopefully we'll never see a repeat of that.

I fail to see how a fan of cricket can find Test matches boring. If you don't like the game in the first place, I imagine it would be a refinement of the torture, but to the afficianado...amazing.

Told you, no Taylor or McCullum getting in and staying in = pumped. Broad looks like he's really maturing into a great player.

As i've said in another thread before, the Aussie's at cricket are some of the most disgustingly arrogant people in sports. Even Shane Warne came out in the papers warning them about it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtm...2/scaust122.xml