Italian press report a different version of the Lennon story.

This is from Corriere Dello Sport, a respected Italian sports paper.

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/Notizie/C...ggredito+Lennon

GLASGOW, September 1 - An ugly story comes from Scotland. The deputy coach of Glasgow Celtic, Neil Lennon, was attacked by a group of supporters of his team. To unleash the anger of supporters lost the derby at home with the Rangers for 4-2. The coach, following the injury, was in hospital but was discharged after a few hours. The police Glasgow has launched an investigation, even though Lennon did not wish to lodge a complaint.

Lennon was captain of Celtic until last year and, just ritiratosi, he was offered a role in technical staff, as deputy Gordon Strachan.

(Google translation which was consistent with babylon. )

GLASGOW, 1 settembre - Una brutta storia arriva dalla Scozia. Il vice allenatore del Celtic Glasgow, Neil Lennon, è stato aggredito da un gruppo di tifosi della sua squadra. A scatenare la rabbia dei tifosi il derby perso in casa con i Rangers per 4-2. L'allenatore, in seguito alle ferite, è stato ricoverato in ospedale, ma è stato dimesso dopo poche ore. La polizia di Glasgow ha avviato un'indagine, anche se Lennon non ha voluto sporgere denuncia.

Lennon è stato capitano del Celtic fino all'anno scorso e, appena ritiratosi, gli è stato offerto un ruolo nello staff tecnico, come vice di Gordon Strachan.

A few of our posters did say it didn't quite add up- a former Celtic captain and current coach getting beaten up by Rangers fans right outside a Celtic pub where he's known and not one fellow Celt assists whilst Lennon told the police he didn't want to pursue it.

Also interesting that while the club were all frothy at the mouth, stating he was subjected to sectarian abuse and knocked unconcious, the statement that Lennon was cooperating fully with the authorities overlooked the fact he didn't want to make a formal complaint.

Surely it couldn't be that Mr Lennon (in a drunken stupor after a night out) fell, striking his head and sustaining the injuries?

I just said it's hardly outwith the realms of possibility that he was beaten up by people that hate him. Rangers fans hate him.

After a hammering at home, I'd say that it's more within the bounds of possibility that he was arguing with his own supporters rather than happy victorious Rangers fans.

I just said it's hardly outwith the realms of possibility that he was beaten up by people that hate him. Rangers fans hate him.

You also asked what was it i found so funny about Alan Brazils drink-driving video. What on earth made you ask that?