• North America
    • Oceania
    • Other Europe
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • South America

Had a good time in Belgrade, mate?

Wasnt a bad trip at all to be honest.

Was in montenegro before that for the Zeta game and if im honest that was a bit better but maybe we just didn't find the best pubs etc in Belgrade.

Stayed 2 nights in Belgrade (and missed my flight back to sunny govan into the bargain, AGAIN!)

Certainly would like to go to the region again (Croatia would be a good one, although I think we would have to take body armour as I know they aren't too keen on us there!).

But belgrade was good and Ithought there fans inside the ground were tremendous, certainly up there with the loudest fans in any trip i ve been on)

You lived there long? What you doing out there?

It was goaless draw in Belgrade, if I remember, and Novo scoring at Ibrox around injury time week before.

You can find few decent pubs in Belgrade, shame you missed them. Although, they know to put some prices sky high.

Yeah, Croatians hate British folk and UK in global. Every time there's England playing at Maksimir, you can hear IRA songs and they never pass up on opportunity to wind them up, but I'll never know why they hate Brits so much.

I'm Serbian, I live here all my life (obviously). Currently in high school, fuck knows what I'll do after. And just for the record, glad to hear some nice words for supporters here, people outside country rarely give credit to passionate lads on Partizan and Red Star matches.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was in montenegro before that for the Zeta game and if im honest that was a bit better but maybe we just didn't find the best pubs etc in Belgrade.

Stayed 2 nights in Belgrade (and missed my flight back to sunny govan into the bargain, AGAIN!)

Certainly would like to go to the region again (Croatia would be a good one, although I think we would have to take body armour as I know they aren't too keen on us there!).

But belgrade was good and Ithought there fans inside the ground were tremendous, certainly up there with the loudest fans in any trip i ve been on)

It was goaless draw in Belgrade, if I remember, and Novo scoring at Ibrox around injury time week before.

You can find few decent pubs in Belgrade, shame you missed them. Although, they know to put some prices sky high.

Yeah, Croatians hate British folk and UK in global. Every time there's England playing at Maksimir, you can hear IRA songs and they never pass up on opportunity to wind them up, but I'll never know why they hate Brits so much.

I'm Serbian, I live here all my life (obviously). Currently in high school, fuck knows what I'll do after. And just for the record, glad to hear some nice words for supporters here, people outside country rarely give credit to passionate lads on Partizan and Red Star matches.

So why did you start coming on to a rangers site out of curiosity?? Good to see guys from around the world on here.

Cant really comment on the Partizan fans (although i spent half the rangers game shouting their name at the red star fans after they just missed my head with a brick !!! Good fun though!) But i have seen a few programmes on tv about both fans and i like intense rivalry. its good for atmosphere.

HOpe you manage to get to a rangers game in europe one time.

So why did you start coming on to a rangers site out of curiosity?? Good to see guys from around the world on here.

Cant really comment on the Partizan fans (although i spent half the rangers game shouting their name at the red star fans after they just missed my head with a brick !!! Good fun though!) But i have seen a few programmes on tv about both fans and i like intense rivalry. its good for atmosphere.

HOpe you manage to get to a rangers game in europe one time.

Are there some foreign fans on here? Any Serbian lads in particular?

I don't know, I think it was a little before UEFA Cup success or Lyon 3:0 away win or something. But I can't say I'm really hardcore Rangers fan as I never been on any game before. I tend to catch up with most of the games as we got SPL coverage here in Serbia this season (yes, SPL coverage in Serbia, as weird as that would sound). Hope I'll manage to come to Glasgow one day for the Old Firm.

I dont know of any serbian lads to be honest, but I dont post that much, maybe one of the regular guys may know better.

There are a couple of algerians posting, a few germans and im sure there are plenty others. There are many posts from Canada/U.S.A/Australia/New Zealand as there are many Brits living out there for many years (we have a lot of supporters clubs in these countries as well as supporters clubs all around the world including United Arab Emirates, Singapore, Hong Kong, Johannesburg, Azerbaijan, Qatar, Spain etc etc etc.

As for watching the games, im offshore Vietnam and I get to watch the SPL. Its on most networks now around the world. I visit Dubai a lot and watch the game with the Dubai Loyal Supporters club and for the big games (C**tic for example) there can be over 250 gers fans in the pub (and 2 other pubs in Dubai which Gers fans frequent)

So although we play in a small league, our fan base is huge but obviously Scotland, England and Northern Ireland are the biggest contributors

Serbian players who have played for us:

Dragan Mladenovic - Joined from Red Star - left after a few months

Gordan Petric - played for us for 3 or 4 years, ex partizan player

Bojan Djordjic - hardly played for us

Im sure there may be more and the guys who never leave the house on here and wear thick glasses will let you know!!

Wow... Hong Kong, Singapore, even Azeri and Qatari guys posting on here. Quite impressive.

It's great to see SPL being broadcasted all over the world, it shows how EPL, La Liga and Serie A isn't throwing shadow over smaller leagues. And even having Dubai fan club.

Yeah, I know they played here, but I didn't know for Djordjic. Apparently he was hot prospect at United, but never made it there (like many others). Mladenovic went to South Korea and Petric went to Palace, AEK and even played for Hearts for a while.

Hahaha, I'm familiar with the fans from your last sentence. I think you mean this sort of fans:

slpran.jpg

:sherlock:

I am self explanatory.

Do this again in a month or so CR and watch Europe soar up - with the Italian job I am working on bro ! The Costa Blanca Loyal are mostly too old to use PC's LOL but I am surprised Spain(Europe )is not higher as there are 3 SC's within 30 mins of me and another 2 in Benidorm ?

I will put money on Europe going up by 10-15% in 5 weeks ish !

Costa

post-50526-1263451177_thumb.jpg