1000/1 Scottish Double

GMac

I bet Anders Hanson and Paul Lawrie again this week in the European event. But i'm short of cash so I doubled it up with two Americans, Ted Potter Jr and Robert Garrigus in the American event. 4 x 25p each way doubles. Working on a wee betting system for the golf at the moment. I'll maybe post it next week.

I bet Anders Hanson and Paul Lawrie again this week in the European event. But i'm short of cash so I doubled it up with two Americans, Ted Potter Jr and Robert Garrigus in the American event. 4 x 25p each way doubles. Working on a wee betting system for the golf at the moment. I'll maybe post it next week.

(tu) Nice one , look forward to your wee system :D

(tu) Nice one , look forward to your wee system :D

Well I'll give you a preview that you can watch develop over the weekends golf.

Look at the stats for last years Greens in regulation on the European Tour.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/stats/genworthfs/season=2012/categoryid=4/index.html

Click on the drop down for 2011

The familiar names are there. McIlroy,Donald, Rose, Garcia and Poulter. Then look and the lesser known players.

Richie Ramsay

Lorenzo Gagli

Nicolas Colsaerts

Jbe Kruger

Joost Luiten

All relatively unknown, all improving players with stats to match the best in the world. All are usually available at big odds. Now look at the leader board for this weeks tournament

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2012/tournamentid=2012004/leaderboard/index.html

All are in the top twenty accept Gagli who is 35th. My theory is that it takes players two or three years to get used to the greens which vary so much from week to week. But these players only require slight improvements to be up there with the elite.

Well I'll give you a preview that you can watch develop over the weekends golf.

Look at the stats for last years Greens in regulation on the European Tour.

http://www.europeant...id=4/index.html

Click on the drop down for 2011

The familiar names are there. McIlroy,Donald, Rose, Garcia and Poulter. Then look and the lesser known players.

Richie Ramsay

Lorenzo Gagli

Nicolas Colsaerts

Jbe Kruger

Joost Luiten

All relatively unknown, all improving players with stats to match the best in the world. All are usually available at big odds. Now look at the leader board for this weeks tournament

http://www.europeant...oard/index.html

All are in the top twenty accept Gagli who is 35th. My theory is that it takes players two or three years to get used to the greens which vary so much from week to week. But these players only require slight improvements to be up there with the elite.

By the sound of thing's you could be GMac , GMac :sherlock:

• 2 weeks later...

Like to put on doubles on the European and PGA tournaments at the weekends, you get good odds even for strong contenders, each way terms can give you an interest over four days for pretty small stakes. Martin Laird and Paul Lawrie both stand a decent chance of making the Ryder Cup but have a couple of problems to overcome.

Martin Laird wasn't a member of the European Tour last year so missed out on 4 months where the points he scored didn't count leaving him with a mountain to climb. He's already finished second in the first tournament two weeks ago(backed him ew at 20's) but really has to get more points on the board before the big guns start their season. He's 25/1 for this weeks event, field doesn't look that strong and came to form around this time last year. Course looks as if it will suit big hitters with a number of reachable par 5's.

Paul Lawrie is ranked 87 in the world and has to get himself in the worlds top 50 in the next few weeks if he is to stand a realistic chance of making the Ryder Cup. Getting in the top 50 will get him entry to the WGC events and the Masters which are coming up fairly shortly. Again the field for this weeks European Tour event is not that strong, but a win would put Lawrie on the verge of breaking the top 50, something he stated was his initial aim. His odds are 40/1, great odds for someone on form in a field limited to only 30 players

A bet of £1 would return £1086. Got to be worth a quid.

Read my assessment of Paul lawrie. Read this:

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2012/tournamentid=2012005/news/newsid=154080.html#lawrie+conquers+qatar+again

Got it exactly correct. just a couple of weeks early.

I think Paul Lawrie is still value at 33/1 and also Robert Rock at 40/1. Both have won in the desert. Both played well on this course in December, Lawrie finished second and Rock finished 8th. Both need another good finish to secure a place in the Masters. I'll back both, and stick a smaller bet on Jean Baptiste Gonnet at 50's, he looks like an improving player.

US golf's just a lottery at the moment. One interesting player is John Huh, only 22 and has finished 12th and 6th in his last two tournaments in this his rookie year. He's 100/1.

I think Paul Lawrie is still value at 33/1 and also Robert Rock at 40/1. Both have won in the desert. Both played well on this course in December, Lawrie finished second and Rock finished 8th. Both need another good finish to secure a place in the Masters. I'll back both, and stick a smaller bet on Jean Baptiste Gonnet at 50's, he looks like an improving player.

US golf's just a lottery at the moment. One interesting player is John Huh, only 22 and has finished 12th and 6th in his last two tournaments in this his rookie year. He's 100/1.

Nice one (tu)