Ridvan Yilmaz

Outstanding today, but it's one game. I like that he plays more inside at times. A different option to how Borna plays.

Still think I would take the money if someone like Gala were watching today and came in for him.

17 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Played well today with his energy and I liked the positions he took up when he came central

Also didn’t shrink when Armstrong clattered him - bounced right back up and pegged him twice in the half

…but we need so much better. 

Thought he had Armstrong under total control today.

I've never thought he was shite, he looked as if he wasn't settled yet and taking time to adjust which happens to a lot of players. He brings something different to the team as an inverted fullback which opens teams up, either the opposition winger tracks him or a midfielder comes out. It's useful in the SPL when we have most of the possession.  Borna sticks to the wing and it's rare when he goes past a defender unless it's in the final third and for a cross.

There might hopefully be a lot more to come from Ridvan yet

There's a reason he was loved by the Besiktas fans, he's obviously a talented player. The likes of McGregor, Miller, Kent & Boyd have all failed in that league. 

I'd say adjusting to the physical nature of Scottish football along with his injury problems have stopped him from making an impact.

He's got the attributes to be a very good fullback he just needs to remain fit.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Had a good game, but a few howling passes. Not sure he’ll cut it here, but did himself no harm with his last couple of performances. 

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Played well today with his energy and I liked the positions he took up when he came central

Also didn’t shrink when Armstrong clattered him - bounced right back up and pegged him twice in the half

…but we need so much better. 

This for me. He's shown some promising signs but I think we need someone more reliable. 

The fact Armstrong was hooked early in the second half tells you how good a job he done on him. Said in the match thread, he's direct and gets into nice positions but can be so careless with his first touch and passing. Can quickly bounce from 'he's a player' to 'he's hopeless' over the course of a game. 

I do feel slightly sorry for the guy that's he's never had a proper run at the position, often due to injury. 

5 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

This for me. He's shown some promising signs but I think we need someone more reliable. 

The fact Armstrong was hooked early in the second half tells you how good a job he done on him. Said in the match thread, he's direct and gets into nice positions but can be so careless with his first touch and passing. Can quickly bounce from 'he's a player' to 'he's hopeless' over the course of a game. 

I do feel slightly sorry for the guy that's he's never had a proper run at the position, often due to injury. 

Three quarters of the first 11 have an abominable first touch. 

Think he needs a real run of games. This is his best run of games since signing (4). Hopefully he remains 1st choice left back until the end of the season. That would give us the opportunity to decide whether he is/can be good enough.