Cricket

28 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Never in doubt! :lol:

Yeah I think I jumped the gun a wee bit. ?...Amazing that it's the 1st ever whitewash England have given the Aussies in any form of cricket. Don't know if that means England are awesome or this is a 2nd string bowling attack and the Aussies are as poor as they have ever been..

• 2 weeks later...

This ODI series really should be 5 rather than 3. It's got the potential to produce some stunning cricket. Salivating at the prospect and looking forward to mixing with the enthusiastic Indian support. 

I'm taking my YCV flag with me. Have a wee look out for it.

4 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

This ODI series really should be 5 rather than 3. It's got the potential to produce some stunning cricket. Salivating at the prospect and looking forward to mixing with the enthusiastic Indian support. 

I'm taking my YCV flag with me. Have a wee look out for it.

I've got a few mates going (supporting India). Enjoy mate i'm sure it will be fun

You always get a bag check coming in. As im  sitting in the non alcohol stand one of the security stopped me asking to search it again as I've passed a few bars in the way to my seat.

Gave him my Man City rucksack then he spots my AA tattoo and says. "You know what Sir I believe you" and then shakes my hand. I do enjoy my trips to Trent Bridge???

Just now, TEFTONG said:

Just ticking over towards the World Cup mate..but your obviously hoping for more of a test than what your country are getting at the moment. 

Yes mate, I posted before I just feel like this is wasting our boys time out there. They'd have been better off coming over to the UK and picking up a t20 blast team / playing county cricket - even although it's different formats to ODI, because it gives them batting practice on UK wickets OR giving them a few months off to go revitalise themselves and spend time with family. The difficulty for Pak's teams are they spend the majority of the year away from family because they never play at home. It must be hard for them. 

Just don't see the merit in playing against Zimbabwe unless it's a favour from our board because quite often we do try and help the "lesser" nations out in cricket in which case we should have sent a B team instead! 

Tomorrow night will be my 4th visit to Trent Bridge. Alas the forecast is for thunder & lightning and pissing rain..good news is if 9.5 overs are not bowled and we have no result the ticket price is refunded straight back into the card that booked it..