As Scots have we just set ourselves up ...

Thermopylae

Ukraine aren't a diddy team though.

I think people are just expecting a walkover against them and it wont happen!

nobody is expecting us to walk over anyone. everyone has realised we have the toughest run in and that it wont be easy. but we have eradicated our old habit of beating the bigger teams(france) but failing to beat the smaller teams(in the past few years we have failed to beat faores and lithuania but have gained 12 points from them this campaign). its a great time for this countries national side so we all need to just get behind them(whether or not you give a shit about international football).

That's very true, but it's just I'm 42 and I've seen this sooooo often with Scotland.

TBH I think that everyone has been completely overlooking the game in Tbilisi, in fact that may actually be the toughest of the remaining games and the biggest banana skin.

That's very true, but it's just I'm 42 and I've seen this sooooo often with Scotland.

TBH I think that everyone has been completely overlooking the game in Tbilisi, in fact that may actually be the toughest of the remaining games and the biggest banana skin.

I agree completely (tu)

in saturdays match day programme they had predictions on how our run in would go and out of our last 3 games the only game they didnt predict us winning was the georgia game. its a place teams in this group have found difficult to go to and we will find it no different!

aye remember when we couldve qualified for the second round of the world cup at france98,although norway ended up winning it proves your point to a tee m8,all we had to do was beat morrocco :( but alas it wasnt to be,but that failing against the minnows was certainly evident then :(

It is a no win situation, if we had lost last night or even just managed a draw we would be saying if we win all our games we could still do it. I agree Scotland have never done well against the so called 'smaller' teams, but non of the last three games is against wee teams so maybe it will go our way. What ever happens the team under big Eck is playing as a team and long may it continue. COME ON SCOTLAND !!!!

aye remember when we couldve qualified for the second round of the world cup at france98,although norway ended up winning it proves your point to a tee m8,all we had to do was beat morrocco :( but alas it wasnt to be,but that failing against the minnows was certainly evident then :(

Aye, a 0-3 thrashing to Morrocco. I'd love to be able to forget that result...

That's why I'm afraid. The fact is that we have to win, and to win you have to score goals. Ukraine are going to be diving all over the shot, especially Shevchenko with Mcmanus tugging at shirts all day, and I can see us conceding at least 1 goal which means we'll need 2. We're almost certain to play defensive, so where are 2 goals going to come from?

i would personally be more worried if we had faroes georgia and lithuania at home in the last 3 games!

Ukraine and italy are games that we should be underogs :) ( altough i think we can win ) but its better if we are underdogs

and the team will be under no illusions when we go t georgia . be a very difficult game :P

Even if we dont make it - which i really hope we do -

Scotland - You Made me proud anyway ;)

indeed no matter whatever happens next, people will not want to face our team as it is a good team and anyone that says otherwise is talking out their ahole

"Yes, a terrible week. Congratulations to Scotland, great goal. But it's like if they win at home, we only heard the scottish fans. Ninja I do no more want to see an International match in the Parc des princes"

That's why I'm afraid. The fact is that we have to win, and to win you have to score goals. Ukraine are going to be diving all over the shot, especially Shevchenko with Mcmanus tugging at shirts all day, and I can see us conceding at least 1 goal which means we'll need 2. We're almost certain to play defensive, so where are 2 goals going to come from?

but we are top scorers in the group, so technically goals shouldnt be a problem and at home we wont play as defensive as we did on wednesday.

We can win against the Ukraine at Hampden, they only beat us due to some dubious refereeing in the Ukraine not through our lack of ability or passion. Even though they might try and dive left right and centre because of the new regulations refs will be more wary of giving them something.

I've also said the Georgia game could be a banana skin for us, but I think we will still get a draw if we don't get the victory, I don't think they will beat us.

Italy only beat us in the last game due to some lapses in defence, I'm sure both goals were from set pieces, they will be difficult to score against, but then again so are we.

We are capable of qualifying, and even though we need to concentrate on our games, if we score 7 out of 9 points we definitely qualify, I will be watching closely at the other results because if any of the other 3 teams who could possibly qualify slip up it will make our life easier.