What wage for non-OF players?

Danny

Hearts are pursuing other midfield targets after holding talks with Stephen Hughes.

The 26-year-old, who began his career with Rangers, is out of contract following two seasons with Motherwell.

Hearts have not ruled out signing Hughes, but he is now just one of several options they are considering.

Mark McGhee, who was Hughes' manager at Fir Park, was interested in taking him to Aberdeen but does not believe they can match the player's wage demands.

Hughes spent two years at Leicester prior to his move to Fir Park and, after rejecting the offer of a new contract, has been linked with a return to English football.

Article on Stephen Hughes got me thinking - we look at Rangers players, upper earners in the 25K region, other guys at 10-15K etc.

But what kind of wage do non OF players get? What is 'too expensive' for a club like Aberdeen?

I heard he turned down 6k a week at Norwich which seems crazy! However maybe he simply wants to stay in Scotland.

I like Hughes as a player, he had a great season for Motherwell last year and I think that he could do a great job for Hearts if he signs.

Don't know if this is in relation to the article but i have a mate who has just signed for Dunfermline and he earns around 5-6 hundred a week. Used to play with Airdrie and i think he was on about 4 hundred

Bruno Aguiar was on 8k a week at hearts

crazy :anguish:

Madness, on a side note has he signed for anyone yet ?

Omonia Nicosia in Spain, so did Karipidis. Agiuar, Karipidis, and Efrem all scored for them in the Europa League a few nights back.

Hearts pay the biggest wages outside the OF, Kingston is on about £15,000 a week.