dead pixel

simon

There are lots of 'techniques' online - but they're utterly hit and miss, rarely do they actually work.

Unfortunately dead or locked pixels usually spell the end of a TV - I even remember I bought a brand new shite brand ("Sense", anyone) HDTV and it had so many frozen pixels it wasn't true. I tried eliminating them with the pencil tapping method, which didn't work, and the 'pixel waking' software process - no surprise that didn't work either.

I got a replacement TV - same problem, so I conceded defeat and stopped cheaping out, and invested a few more quid on a Toshiba Regza which has been perfect.

There are lots of 'techniques' online - but they're utterly hit and miss, rarely do they actually work.

Unfortunately dead or locked pixels usually spell the end of a TV - I even remember I bought a brand new shite brand ("Sense", anyone) HDTV and it had so many frozen pixels it wasn't true. I tried eliminating them with the pencil tapping method, which didn't work, and the 'pixel waking' software process - no surprise that didn't work either.

I got a replacement TV - same problem, so I conceded defeat and stopped cheaping out, and invested a few more quid on a Toshiba Regza which has been perfect.

cheers mate, it is only one so i will bear with it just now, anymore and i can see it "falling" down the stairs.