Charlotte Bobcats

EuanC

Basketball. :anguish:

More silly American team names :anguish:

ano why do they have crapy names, new york red bulls, it must be great being named after a drink.

New York Red Bull is different in that they are owned by the company, same as Red Bull Salzburg and i think they have a few other teams as well.

Charlotte Hornets > Charlotte Bobcats, even by American franchise name standards that is shit.

ano why do they have crapy names, new york red bulls, it must be great being named after a drink.

New York Red Bull is different in that they are owned by the company, same as Red Bull Salzburg and i think they have a few other teams as well.

Charlotte Hornets > Charlotte Bobcats, even by American franchise name standards that is shit.

The Hornets moved to New Orleans, hence taking the franchise and name with them. A new team was therefore created in Charlotte to fill the void left by the hornets leaving.

When I was in NYC last year I saw the Knicks play the Bobcats in Madison Square Garden. Knicks won

The Hornets moved to New Orleans, hence taking the franchise and name with them. A new team was therefore created in Charlotte to fill the void left by the hornets leaving.

When I was in NYC last year I saw the Knicks play the Bobcats in Madison Square Garden. Knicks won

I know, i was just talking about the retardation of the names, thats one thing about American sports i don't like is when the franchise moves and they keep the name that has no connection to the new area whatsoever.

I know, i was just talking about the retardation of the names, thats one thing about American sports i don't like is when the franchise moves and they keep the name that has no connection to the new area whatsoever.

Very true- perfect case in point, the Lakers started out in Michigan and then moved to Minneapolis, Minnesota (where there are lakes- land of the 10000 lakes apparently)- and then to LA where, urm not so many lakes!!!

the best of example of that is the Utah Jazz, who originally played out of New Orleans.

I remember the Liverpool fans going mental when one of the new American owners refered to them as "a great franchise" and the "Liverpool Reds" as if that was their full name.

the best of example of that is the Utah Jazz, who originally played out of New Orleans.

I remember the Liverpool fans going mental when one of the new American owners refered to them as "a great franchise" and the "Liverpool Reds" as if that was their full name.

Utah jazz, u-u-utah jazz.