Question regarding the club crest....

Are we the only club in the world who do not actually wear the offical crest on our jersey, and does any know who why this is the case and why we use the "RFC" crest (which is far better imo)

I was talking about this the other day , always wanted to know.

i think we used it until 1994 and changed it to the 5 stars .

but we have always used the RFC crest on the strip, i know there have been variants of this ie the the rangers football club round it in the scroll and more recently the 5 stars, but whenever a rangers badge is shown on tv etc then you always see the round crest with the lion rampant in the middle, i was just wondering why that crest is not on the strip??? and are we the only team that does this

but we have always used the RFC crest on the strip, i know there have been variants of this ie the the rangers football club round it in the scroll and more recently the 5 stars, but whenever a rangers badge is shown on tv etc then you always see the round crest with the lion rampant in the middle, i was just wondering why that crest is not on the strip??? and are we the only team that does this

I am sure we used the crest until around 1994 but then stopped.

Minstral I think your not getting what he means.

yeah, every other team has one team crest that goes on everthing. however we have the "RFC" crest on the strip (the one you see on on rings and chains etc) and also have the round crest with the lion rampant and the "ready" on it.....

yeah, every other team has one team crest that goes on everthing. however we have the "RFC" crest on the strip (the one you see on on rings and chains etc) and also have the round crest with the lion rampant and the "ready" on it.....

Yep, although the round crest I think is our official one if you can say that. Goes on champions league papers etc..

Yep, although the round crest I think is our official one if you can say that. Goes on champions league papers etc..

aye, ive always just wondered why we have the RFC on the strip, RFC crest looks shit hot

But we didnt use the 5 stars until we'd won 50 league titles in 2003 <cr>

We used the RFC crest alot but a few strips in the 90's used the RFC with Rangers Football Cllub above and READY below the crest.

We used the RFC crest alot but a few strips in the 90's used the RFC with Rangers Football Cllub above and READY below the crest.

yeah i know, but that is still different than the ROUND crest you always see on the telly etc, the "RFC" symbol is only ever seen on the strips

It's always been the RFC mate

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_F...ers/Rangers.htm

yeah i know, but that is still different than the ROUND crest you always see on the telly etc, the "RFC" symbol is only ever seen on the strips

yeah I know that aswell lol Everyone seems to be going round in circles here, don't think anyone knows why we have different club crests and shirt crests but who cares, i love them both. However I do like it when you see the lion rampant crest during the champions league or Sky and its in 3D.....would love to own a giant 3D crest to put on my wall :gerbad:

can you post the other crest mate so they know what im talking about!! some one must have made the decision in the 60s to go with the RFC rather than the club crest,

it does resemble a scotland badge mind you, maybe that was part of the reason?????

Nope, look closer at the 1990 and 1992 strips.

can you post the other crest mate so they know what im talking about!! some one must have made the decision in the 60s to go with the RFC rather than the club crest,

it does resemble a scotland badge mind you, maybe that was part of the reason?????

i6egaw.gif

21mzxx0.gif

theres both

Look closer you'll see its RFC <cr>

Only one strip has featured the lion and that was the embossed strip a few years back.

fuck nos what I was thinking maybe I've quoted the wrong post <cr>:lol:

yes, but it still has the RFC in it, not the club crest as shown above....

Look closer you'll see its RFC <cr>

Only one strip has featured the lion and that was the embossed strip a few years back.

ffs i know its still RFC im just pointing out we've had a few different variations!! I already said in a previous post that it was RFC but with ready at the bottom.

just to recap then lads (Dont want anyone falling out!) does any one know the reason why the RFC crest is used on the strip opposed to the club crest?????