Fortune out until mid October

Celtic will be without striker Marc-Antoine Fortune for next week's Europa League match with Hapoel Tel Aviv.

And the summer signing could also miss the first Old Firm derby of the season at the beginning of October.

Fortune on Wednesday underwent a scan on a knee injury he picked up in the Champions League defeat by Arsenal and will be missing for several weeks.

Goalkeeper Artur Boruc is also an injury doubt for Saturday's Scottish Premier League visit by Dundee United.

Boruc picked up a knock in Poland's 1-1 draw with Northern Ireland on Saturday.

Republic of Ireland midfielder Aiden McGeady is already suspended for Celtic's match against United.

Meanwhile, Scotland midfielder Scott Brown could be a doubt after aggravating an ankle injury while starring in Scotland's 2-0 win over Macedonia on Saturday.

Brown, who recently underwent surgery, is expected to play against Netherlands on Wednesday but risks further damaging the ankle.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/8242943.stm

CQN have said he's out till end of October. Leaving them with Samaras, Killen and McDonlad

Interesting, that's even worse than i was told

3 forwards of that quality left and people said our squad was to small..... ;)

Couldn't give a shit about their squad. Only worried by ours, and in areas, we are certainly lacking, whether it's a 1st team player, or back-up.

I couldn't give a shit about their squad size/quality, it's always been what we have done, or not done, that matters.

I rate Fortun'e, I came in this thread to see the extent of his injury, don't see what's daft about that or not caring about their lack of strength and depth?

The more injuries/suspensions for them, the better (tu)

Yet they'll still thump Dundee United!

Can't remember when United last beat celtc :anguish:

Couldnt tell you, but I do know that 6 out of their last 10 games against each other have been draws.

3 at the cesspit anf 3 at Tannadice.