who to replace walter

dabobear

My vote for what it's worth would be Trappatoni now he's not taking the Oirish MOPES to S.A. he might be up for a club job, if not let's try and bring back The Little General, at least his teams were pleasing on the eye.

Trappatoni is paid 2 million pounds a year to manage Ireland on what is effectively a part time basis

If we go British again then it will be the usual suspects, who will probably manage to do a similar (maybe even a lesser job) that Smith has done. Levein, Davies, Irvine, Curbishley and McCoist

If we go young and European then the main names mentioned will be Laudrup, Petrescu and Di Matteo. Hell I think Markus Babbel (who I would take when he inevitably gets the sack) might even get a mention, but all come with a significant risk.

IMO we need somebody with a continental approach, but the experience to implement it in successfully in the SPL and the man who stands out like a f*cking sore thumb is Co Adrianaase.

Out of work, encourages good football, and a hard ass manager to boot.

Get him involved.

Like him or not, it WILL be Craig Levein. Even if he is manager of Scotland when the offer is made. He's waiting for this one job and Rangers are aware of it.

That's the debate over then :rolleyes:

Only if you've got nothing to come back with. :lol:

If we go British again then it will be the usual suspects, who will probably manage to do a similar (maybe even a lesser job) that Smith has done. Levein, Davies, Irvine, Curbishley and McCoist

If we go young and European then the main names mentioned will be Laudrup, Petrescu and Di Matteo. Hell I think Markus Babbel (who I would take when he inevitably gets the sack) might even get a mention, but all come with a significant risk.

IMO we need somebody with a continental approach, but the experience to implement it in successfully in the SPL and the man who stands out like a f*cking sore thumb is Co Adrianaase.

Get him involved.

money or lack of would cripple that idea

him and his foreign backroom staff would require a fortune

Get him involved.

A new owner would fix that problem :pipe:

Get him involved.

A new owner would fix that problem :pipe:

catch 22 then, will someone want to buy us while we are quite possibly having to qualify for the champions league even though we will win the title again this season

I don't know if this would be a possibility because he hasn't been mentioned yet but I'd personally like to see Steve Clarke in the hot seat. He's a guy who's done it all in the Premiership as a Assistant Manager but I think could do the job for us. Even when Mourinho was in charge of Chelsea he said all the players looked to Clarke in training etc. Dunno what he would be like in the transfer market but surely in training and on the pitch would get the best out of the players

I don't know if this would be a possibility because he hasn't been mentioned yet but I'd personally like to see Steve Clarke in the hot seat. He's a guy who's done it all in the Premiership as a Assistant Manager but I think could do the job for us. Even when Mourinho was in charge of Chelsea he said all the players looked to Clarke in training etc. Dunno what he would be like in the transfer market but surely in training and on the pitch would get the best out of the players

It's a decent shout, but I doubt we could afford him mate.

West Ham had to compensate Chelsea with 1 million for him so I imagine hthey would want a similar amount for him.

West Ham had to compensate Chelsea with 1 million for him so I imagine hthey would want a similar amount for him.

That's true but if we offered him the top job instead of a assistant managers job I think West Ham might allow him to leave. It's happened in the past with other assistant managers who wanted a managers job. Surely the club wouldn't want to make him unhappy by denying him the top job at one of the biggest clubs in Britain

plus i think clarke knows his level is assistant manager or first team coach

Who would want the job in the current state. no transfer budget and the whole squad up for sale!!

I'd like to see us get someone like martinez from Wigan or even try to get someone like Hiddink who woudl help attract players to the club