Smith Deserves A Big Thank You!

CeeMac

Can't blame advocaat for him practically sitting out the last two years of his £25,000(?) per week contract.

Wasn't Klos an emergency signing though?

I'm pretty sure Charbonnier was Goram's replacement.

I was always under the impression that we were always going to buy Klos but he wasnt available til december 98 so chabonnier was a stop gap.

I'm probably wrong tho.

I thought Klos got signed because Charbonnier got injured.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't blame advocaat for him practically sitting out the last two years of his £25,000(?) per week contract.

I was always under the impression that we were always going to buy Klos but he wasnt available til december 98 so chabonnier was a stop gap.

I'm probably wrong tho.

We only paid £700k for him as well.

he did ok in the emergency did young stefan.

I long for the days when we could get players of his calibre in an ''emergency''

Mind you thats the reason were in dire straits financially :anguish:

Dextor - absolutely not!

My point is fairly straightforward. I don't think we should forget players and managers in this day and age are careerists. If a better offer came along they'd all go.

In that sense I view them ad nothing better than hired help. Players and managers come and go. The one thing I view as indispensable is the support.

Brilliant!

Dextor - absolutely not!

My point is fairly straightforward. I don't think we should forget players and managers in this day and age are careerists. If a better offer came along they'd all go.

In that sense I view them ad nothing better than hired help. Players and managers come and go. The one thing I view as indispensable is the support.

Walter smith and ally mccoist are careerists...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you view the rangers players as hired help...i think i will leave this wind up here.

When someone joins a MB and does nothing but slag off the team he apparently supports it always ends one way......

GCL - implying I'm a Shettleston goes beyond the pale.

I'm happy to meet up anyone who thinks I'm one of them prior to the Hibs away match in December.

I don't expect to do Smith's job but for the money he earns and the money lavished on the squad I expect any manager to do better and actually produce a quality of football that is entertaining.

Blind faith and acceptance of those in positions of power at the Club have led us to where we are. Get off your knees man.

I'm probably wrong tho.

I long for the days when we could get players of his calibre in an ''emergency''

I actually think a lot of people overrate Stefan Klos.

Great shot stopper, but tragically poor at commanding his box and coming for corners (IMO of course).

Charbonnier had everything.

Just for clarity then. Is it people's belief that Smith et al are purely in this for the love and would never be swayed if a better offer came along?

I don't think there's a realistic offer that could tempt them away from Ibrox at the moment.

Smith's getting too old - he'll want an easy life in two years time.

McDowall and McCoist - totally unproven, no-one anywhere near to being even half the size of Rangers will come in for them.

Just for clarity then. Is it people's belief that Smith et al are purely in this for the love and would never be swayed if a better offer came along?

yes.

walter could walk into a guaranteed £300K-£400k per annum part time employment as Scotland manager.

I appreciate the money aint as good but it would be alot less hassle.

McCoist - Released - Was nearly 36yrs old

Goram - Released - 34yrs old, had a bad reputation, but agree he could of been kept

McCall - Released - 34yrs old, probably could still of done a job for a season

S.Wright - Released - Injured constant

Gough - Released - 37yrs old

McLaren - Retired

Laudrup - Free Transfer - Was away to Chelsea

Durrant - Free Transfer - 32yrs old, had a terrible injury in his youth, could he of played at the top level still?

Bjorkland - £2.5m - 27yrs old, could of still done a job

Cleland - Released - 28yrs old, was never that good

Van Vossen - Free Transfer - 30yrs old, wanted to go back to Holland

Gattuso - £4m - 20yrs old, £4m + sell on clauses was a tempting offer for a player who whilst good, hadn't made it.

Petric - Free Transfer - 29yrs old, was never great.

Graham - Released - did nothing in their careers after Rangers

Boyack - Released - Ditto above.

Advocaat had to clear out, I don't fault him at all for it.

As for Smith working on... got loads of respect for the guy for doing this.

Badger some good stats there. (tu)

I actually think a lot of people overrate Stefan Klos.

Great shot stopper, but tragically poor at commanding his box and coming for corners (IMO of course).

Charbonnier had everything.

Klos's distribution :anguish:

Cant remember enough of charbonnier to be honest so can't really comment.

Was it charbonnier that had the masterclass against parma in the cl 99/00 qualifer??

He could leave for Scotland tomorrow if he so wanted and has said no.....

Not a particularly adroit deflection. I'd hardly say managing that pool of duds is a better offer anyway.

Smith has some great qualities but for me his brand of football is coma inducing. I simply get no enjoyment out of watching his teams. We became the biggest club bar none with the quality of Struth's teams, good job Wattie's one up front and players out of position wasn'ton show in those days.

I'm probably wrong tho.

I thought Klos got signed because Charbonnier got injured.

Dortmund only allowed Klos to leave when they signed Lehmann in the winter shutdown. They couldn't agree a fee with Milan for him.

GCL - what points am I not backing up?

I would say all of them.......

why address my points when you can just imply I'm an Earl Haig?

You obviously rate Smith and think his signings are good, his brand of football is good to watch. I'm actually really happy that someone gets so much enjoyment out of Smith's brand of football.

I do not get anywhere close to your level of satisfaction. I hate to shock you but quite a few share my point of view. Maybe, just maybe that's why 3000 never renewed.

As for some positivity? When there's things to be positive about then I will be. It's a bleak landscape for me at the minute where Rangers is concerned.

Laudrup had taken the huff in the ten season because Murray had went back on his word after promising him a move to Chelsea. That is another reason we never won 10 in a row, because Laudrup never lifted his legs.

Correct. This soured my view of Laudrup, despite some of the great times he gave me. It was a shame that it ended that way.

i have adressed your points.

I do rate smith, where have i said all his signings are good ? what comments have i made to you about our style of play ?

3000 never renewed.....we have this thing going on just now...it's left people a little skint, i don't know your sitaution you may not earn a wage so may not be affected. Use your spare time tomorrow to look it up.

Rangers are champions of Scotland, no wonder it's bleak for you.

GCL - what points am I not backing up?

I would say all of them.......

why address my points when you can just imply I'm an Earl Haig?

You obviously rate Smith and think his signings are good, his brand of football is good to watch. I'm actually really happy that someone gets so much enjoyment out of Smith's brand of football.

I do not. I hate to shock you but quite a few share my point if view. Maybe, just maybe that's why 3000 never renewed.

As for some positivity? When there's things to be positive about then I will be. It's a bleak landscape for me at the minute where Rangers is concerned.

Thats what happens mate if you say anything bad about Walter, the call you a Rangers hater or a Earl Haig. But to be honest dont worry about it as you are allowed your opinion as well as the other members are.

i have adressed your points.

I do rate smith, where have i said all his signings are good ? what comments have i made to you about our style of play ?

3000 never renewed.....we have this thing going on just now...it's left people a little skint, i don't know your sitaution you may not earn a wage so may not be affected. Use your spare time tomorrow to look it up.

Rangers are champions of Scotland, no wonder it's bleak for you.

:lol: