If He was a bosman

martyboy2009

Not his biggest fan myself, but if he's on the park wearing a rangers top then il cheer him on, hope he keeps his place while Boyd's out

I'd much rather see Little or Loy up front mate, its not fair on the youth if someone who is consistently awful keeps gettin a game ahead of you. Its called Merit. And lafferty certainly hasnt merited a place in that line up.

Not his biggest fan myself, but if he's on the park wearing a rangers top then il cheer him on, hope he keeps his place while Boyd's out

I'd much rather see Little or Loy up front mate, its not fair on the youth if someone who is consistently awful keeps gettin a game ahead of you. Its called Merit. And lafferty certainly hasnt merited a place in that line up.

good post (tu)

I agree with this, just frustrating as fuck though watching him be absolutely hopeless.

And what exactly have Loy & Little done to merit a place in the side? <cr>

Loy scores for fun at reserve level, but he was terrible on loan at Dunfermline last season and Little has looked nothing more than average in his performances against Portsmouth & Hamilton.

Just because they are young, it doesn't mean that they should be granted a place in the side so we can see what they've got.

Loy scores for fun at reserve level, but he was terrible on loan at Dunfermline last season and Little has looked nothing more than average in his performances against Portsmouth & Hamilton.

Just because they are young, it doesn't mean that they should be granted a place in the side so we can see what they've got.

and because lafferty has a huge price tag yet does absolutly nothing to justify it, it means hes a better option than youth?

and because lafferty has a huge price tag yet does absolutly nothing to justify it, it means hes a better option than youth?

Exactly, don't see the problem with giving the youth a chance especially with Boyd and Miller out, can't possibly be worse than than waste of skin Lafferty.

Exactly, don't see the problem with giving the youth a chance especially with Boyd and Miller out, can't possibly be worse than than waste of skin Lafferty.

Little will be 21 before the season is finished and Loy will be 22.....the same age that Lafferty is, so if you want to play the "give youth a chance" card then you have to play it with Lafferty too.

None of the the three of them are "youngsters" anymore and seeing as we have a threadbare squad, I'd rather stick with the one who has shown the most potential and has the most experience at this moment in time.

Thankfully, Walter is from that school of thought too.

where has lafferty shown potential?

i struggle to see it at all, his passing, shooting, heading is shocking, stuff of school football, lafferty has had 2 seasons worth of chances, little and loy have had very limited experience, but how can they ever get a chance when they have someone the same age with huge price tag in front of them, they deserve a chance the same as an overpaid overhyped ballon.

where has lafferty shown potential?

i struggle to see it at all, his passing, shooting, heading is shocking, stuff of school football, lafferty has had 2 seasons worth of chances, little and loy have had very limited experience, but how can they ever get a chance when they have someone the same age with huge price tag in front of them, they deserve a chance the same as an overpaid overhyped ballon.

He's played over 100 career games, won an SPL title (scoring a few important goals along the way) and a Scottish Cup aswell as playing for his country about 25 times.

Loy & Little haven't come close to that sort of "success", they would be lucky to have 20 career apperances between them, even though they would have been in the same age group as him.

I'm no fan of Lafferty and I want him offloaded at the end of the season because he won't make the grade, but people need to stop going out of their way to look for negatives all the time. Especially when their suggestions are even worse options than what we currently have available to us.

mate we dont need to look for negatives from lafferty, they are evident everytime he plays for us

and how could you say that the options are worse when no one knows as they havent been given the chance, you stated that loy scored for fun in the reserves, he did, lafferty didnt when he played in the reserves, he looked just as useless as he does now, how would we have known wilson was as good as he is? its all about chances, and some get more than others.

mate we dont need to look for negatives from lafferty, they are evident everytime he plays for us

and how could you say that the options are worse when no one knows as they havent been given the chance, you stated that loy scored for fun in the reserves, he did, lafferty didnt when he played in the reserves, he looked just as useless as he does now, how would we have known wilson was as good as he is? its all about chances, and some get more than others.

spot on (tu)

OK. Lets say that Little & Loy were given a chance and were garbage (which Little has been in his two apperances so far and Loy was at a lower level with Dunfermline last year). Would you slaughter them as vigourously as Lafferty gets slaughtered.

Or would they get off lightly because they 1) they are just youngsters and 2) don't have a massive price tag weighing them down like a chain?

I know what responses I would expect to see on here.

if after a decent amount of first team experience they still werent cutting the mustard then they would no doubt get the same treatment as lafferty is getting now, afterall this isnt just 6 months or a season we are talkin about, lafferty has had nearly 2 years to show hes good enough, hes had a couple good games but then again so did nuno capucho, they honestly cant be any worse can they?

OK. Lets say that Little & Loy were given a chance and were garbage (which Little has been in his two apperances so far and Loy was at a lower level with Dunfermline last year). Would you slaughter them as vigourously as Lafferty gets slaughtered.

Or would they get off lightly because they 1) they are just youngsters and 2) don't have a massive price tag weighing them down like a chain?

I know what responses I would expect to see on here.

Little showed more passion and drive in the 45 minutes against Hamilton in the cup than Lafferty has all season