Markinch Memorial Fund-Please Help

markinch5

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being from Markinch myself, and currently living in Leslie, I'll donate to this as the current memorial on Balbirnie Street in the village (although a touching tribute) is looking old and tired and in need of something more fitting.

evens

cheers mate for the donation.

:craphead: I WAS AT THE TOP OF THE STAIRS WHEN IT HAPPENED I WAS ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES

AND GOT OUT I HELPED TO CARRY THE INJURED AND DEAD DOWN ON TO THE PLAYING FIELD.

I NEVER GOT OUT OF IBROX UNTIL ABOUT HALF PASTNINE THATS A GREAT THING YOU ARE DOING.

I WILL SEND A DONATION AS SOON AS I CAN.GOOD LUCK WITH IT.

There is also going to be a Race night too to raise funds and details for this are as follows;

In line with our fund raising for the Markinch Boys who never returned home on Jan2nd 1971 we will be holding a race night on Sat 5th June at the Station Hotel in Leslie, tickets are £2 and there will be a sash bash after the racing. Mr Delmonte will host the evening and we will have a few ex players present as well as a rep from the Davie Cooper charity.

All donations have been appreciated. We are hoping to sell the horses on here at £2 a go and the winner will receive a bottle of spirits. The locals in fife will also be buying up but hopefully we can sell them the jockeys and raise even more cash. pm or post the name of your horse and donate your £2 here http://tinyurl.com/yj9lg2j

Thanks in advance. .... Any group persons wanting to sponsor a race please let me know and i'll pass details to one of the organisers.

Race 1 Sponsored by The Blue Order

There is also going to be a Race night too to raise funds and details for this are as follows;

In line with our fund raising for the Markinch Boys who never returned home on Jan2nd 1971 we will be holding a race night on Sat 5th June at the Station Hotel in Leslie, tickets are £2 and there will be a sash bash after the racing. Mr Delmonte will host the evening and we will have a few ex players present as well as a rep from the Davie Cooper charity.

All donations have been appreciated. We are hoping to sell the horses on here at £2 a go and the winner will receive a bottle of spirits. The locals in fife will also be buying up but hopefully we can sell them the jockeys and raise even more cash. pm or post the name of your horse and donate your £2 here http://tinyurl.com/yj9lg2j

Thanks in advance. .... Any group persons wanting to sponsor a race please let me know and i'll pass details to one of the organisers.

Race 1 Sponsored by The Blue Order

Earplugs will be the order of the day then ! :D

Would be nice to have the other founders recognized also

I think you are a tad confused on the subject of the Ibrox Disaster. maybe read the whole thread to find out what the thread is about.

not sure mate what figure they are looking for to cover everything they want to do including the bench in the churchyard/cups for schools and memorial refurbished as the stone mason is still to get back to the organiser. everything left over after costs is going to C.H.A.S