Trialists

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:sherlock:

Faisal Antar

Rangers manager Alex McLeish has decided against offering Lebanon captain Faisal Antar a contract.

The 26-year-old Olympic Beirut defender had been on week-long trial at Murray Park hoping to win a move.

But having signed Sotirios Kyrgiakos, McLeish has chosen to allow the player to try his luck elsewhere.

"Maybe in another era we could have taken Faisal as well but I feel we have to let him go. I believe he is going to try the Bundesliga now," said McLeish.

Faisal Antar

Rangers manager Alex McLeish has decided against offering Lebanon captain Faisal Antar a contract.

The 26-year-old Olympic Beirut defender had been on week-long trial at Murray Park hoping to win a move.

But having signed Sotirios Kyrgiakos, McLeish has chosen to allow the player to try his luck elsewhere.

"Maybe in another era we could have taken Faisal as well but I feel we have to let him go. I believe he is going to try the Bundesliga now," said McLeish.

You're good at this :praise:

ALEX McLEISH is set to make Metz midfielder Mario Espartero his first signing as Rangers manager.

The 24-year-old is due to arrive in Glasgow within the next few days.

He will then train with the Rangers first-team with a view to him signing a permanent deal at the Ibrox club.

Espartero is out of favour at Metz and, while his present contract runs until 2004, would cost Rangers no more than pounds 1.5million.

He is a defensive midfielder who spent the formative years of his career with Louhans-Cuiseaux, before Metz snapped him up 18 months ago.

Espartero will be given a chance to shine in training and is in line to win himself a contract as he is exactly the type of player McLeish has been searching for in recent weeks.

I've got an old Rangers News somewhere with Ronaldinho and some other Brazilian training with us then they went to Servette

See my post earlier in the thread, think you are meaning 2 young Brazilians called Ronaldo and Dinho.

Faisal Antar

You're good at this :praise:

:pipe:

I remember reading on teletext about it but couldn't remember the country he came from.

Giorgos Efrem?

He was a youth player. There is a separate page for former youth players. Maybe that can be a thread later. :sherlock:

http://www.rangerspedia.org/index.php/Former_Youth_Players

Barry Robson was a former youth player... I think

Good shout, I had thought he had played a couple of friendlies and would be in the complete player list but he's not.

Thomas "Tom" Kouzmanis.

Kouzmanis returned in 1994 and had trials with Scottish giants Glasgow Rangers and with English Premiership club Aston Villa. With the Rangers he scored 3 goals in 2 games against Dundee United and against the Australian Olympic U-23 soccer Team. While at Aston Villa, Kouzmanis scored 2 goals in 2 games versus Chelsea and Bolton. Glasgow Rangers were impressed with him and invited him to be a part of the reserve squad but a nagging calf injury that was not healing forced him to return home to Canada to heal and his chance to play in Europe ended abruptly.

Tom Miller.

Miller said: "Jim helped me a lot when he was here and I got to train with the first team then. He said if I ever had any problems to call him so I sent him a text and he spoke to Rangers. They are such a big club and you don't expect to be linked with someone as big as them."

Rangers stepped in and flew the midfielder to Glasgow for a specially-arranged trial game. Miller was a stand-out in the closed-doors match for Rangers with his side comfortably winning. Miller's father, Ray, added: "They won the match 5-1 and Tom was taken off before the end because they said they'd seen enough and wanted to get him training with the first team." They then offered him a two year contract

Miller said "I can't wait to get up there and make a fresh start. I'm really looking forward to it."

Di Napoli

Well done mate, didn't know about that one.

Tom Miller.

Miller said: "Jim helped me a lot when he was here and I got to train with the first team then. He said if I ever had any problems to call him so I sent him a text and he spoke to Rangers. They are such a big club and you don't expect to be linked with someone as big as them."

Rangers stepped in and flew the midfielder to Glasgow for a specially-arranged trial game. Miller was a stand-out in the closed-doors match for Rangers with his side comfortably winning. Miller's father, Ray, added: "They won the match 5-1 and Tom was taken off before the end because they said they'd seen enough and wanted to get him training with the first team." They then offered him a two year contract

Miller said "I can't wait to get up there and make a fresh start. I'm really looking forward to it."

He's in the former youthh players page as he signed. (tu)