Hemdani keen to stay at Ibrox

trueblue1872

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why dont we for once play 4 attacking midfidlers and 2 strikers and see where that gets us.

Before I was not sure but now i am certain that you must be 10 years old after that comment.

No team can play with four attacking midfielders and two strikers because teams would simply play a 4-5-1 and simply destroy us on the counter attack. I have made the point before that every successful team has a holding midfielder who rarley ventures forward, breaks up play and starts attacks: Man Utd have Carrick (is it coincidence that last season they had no recognised holding midfielder and this year they are top of the lague?), Chelsea have Makalele, Barcelona have Marquez, Milan have Pirlo.

Hemdani has both the resime and talent to wear a Rangers shirt and anybody who thinks otherwise is completely deluded or are setting thier expectations far far too high. He captained Marseille to a UEFA CUP final what more can you ask for in a player?

I don't think he has the bravery or fight to play in the holding role, just my opinion though.

He offers very little going forward aswell.

I know you guys like him, but I think he is over-rated, if I'm honest.

Again, just my opinion.

But he has the intelligence and footballing ability to compensate for that lack of bravery.

I think he would be brave enough but he is always one step ahead of the oppontent so he never needs to go into a 50-50.

He has only been booked once this season, and although some will say that highlights his lack of fight, I think its is a furthur testimant as to how intelligent a footballer he really is.

I wouldn't call him a donkey, I think he's a talented player, but I think he slows the game down to much when he is in possesion of the ball, not really suited to Scottish football IMHO.

Ok then talented donkey (beer)

As a donkey, he is more talented than you are as a fish.

Need I elaborate?

Why dont we for once play 4 attacking midfidlers and 2 strikers and see where that gets us.

Before I was not sure but now i am certain that you must be 10 years old after that comment.

No team can play with four attacking midfielders and two strikers because teams would simply play a 4-5-1 and simply destroy us on the counter attack. I have made the point before that every successful team has a holding midfielder who rarley ventures forward, breaks up play and starts attacks: Man Utd have Carrick (is it coincidence that last season they had no recognised holding midfielder and this year they are top of the lague?), Chelsea have Makalele, Barcelona have Marquez, Milan have Pirlo.

Hemdani has both the resime and talent to wear a Rangers shirt and anybody who thinks otherwise is completely deluded or are setting thier expectations far far too high. He captained Marseille to a UEFA CUP final what more can you ask for in a player?

Well just backup what you say then, HOW COME, the captain of Marseille to a UEFA Cup final was allowed to leave on a BOSMAN the next season.

No french teams interested at all. Marsellie not interested in renewing

Or possibly nobody could match the EXPENSIVE wages we offered.

I just want something reasonable out of a midfielder apart from pass the sideways or backwards ball as quick as possible

Does anyone agree that BH gives us nothing going forward (OK APART FROM THOSE 2 GOALS)

So basically we are playing with 5 defenders when he plays in midfield

So let me get this straight you are comparing Hemdani to either Makalele Marquez or Pirlo.

Give me a break

Well just backup what you say then, HOW COME, the captain of Marseille to a UEFA Cup final was allowed to leave on a BOSMAN the next season.

How come Monaco let Prso leave on a Bosman after he starred in a CL final?

Are you sure your argument's barometer is really relevant?

fair enough thats a good point, but i didint start comparing BH to Makalele, Marquez or Pirlo

Hemdani's contract at Marseille was not renewed because he had a bust up with the coach and players had to step in to stop a physical alteration between the two (and people say he has no fire in his belly?)

http://www.channel4.com/sport/french_football/apr15c.html

And although no clubs from France were interested in him the following teams were: Everton, Bolton, Real Betis, Bayer Leverkusen. Every team there could have offered him more wages than we are paying him and it is well documented that Sean Connery played an integral part in tempting Hemdani here.

Yes, we practically play with five defenders when Hemdani plays but the fact is the other five attacking players should beable to create enough chances to win a game, and judging by our results this season they obviously can't, which IMO highlights how poor an attacking side we are.

And yet again, you show your navity. I never once comapred Hemdani's footballing ability to any of the mentioned players, I simply compared the style of football that they play i.e they are all holding midfielders. It's just the same as you saying that Boyd and Van Nistelrooy are both strikers who offer little outside the box, but are deadly inside the box. It doesn't mean that I think Hemdani is better than thoose players because I know as well as you do that he isn't.

fair enough thats a good point, but i didint start comparing BH to Makalele, Marquez or Pirlo

Just because he's comparing styles doesn't mean he's saying BH is as good as these other players. Of course he isn't as good. But is it so wrong to try to express opinion about a player by pointing out his role in the team as compared to other players who do similar things (albeit better)?

It just helps to give examples I think.

Hemdani's contract at Marseille was not renewed because he had a bust up with the coach and players had to step in to stop a physical alteration between the two (and people say he has no firs in his belly?)

And although no clubs from France were interested in him the following teams were: Everton, Bolton, Real Betis, Bayer Leverkusen. Every team there could have offered him more wages than we are paying hom and it is well documented that Sean Connery played an integral part in tempting Hemdani here.

Yes, we practically play with five defenders when Hemdani plays but the fact is the other five attacking players are obviously not good enough, judging by our form this season.

It's odd, but BH has shown a lot of fire in his belly over the past 3 games. He went nuts at AM's sending off, he went crazy when he scored in the same game, he was prominent in the OF game, and he was fighting for everything in Spain.

Hemdani's contract at Marseille was not renewed because he had a bust up with the coach and players had to step in to stop a physical alteration between the two (and people say he has no firs in his belly?)

And although no clubs from France were interested in him the following teams were: Everton, Bolton, Real Betis, Bayer Leverkusen. Every team there could have offered him more wages than we are paying hom and it is well documented that Sean Connery played an integral part in tempting Hemdani here.

Yes, we practically play with five defenders when Hemdani plays but the fact is the other five attacking players are obviously not good enough, judging by our form this season.

defo Dado i wouldn't argue with that at all, but honestly i am not at the noise up here.

Every gers fan i have spoken to never really has anything positive to say about him.

I was in a work a couple of weeks when I spotted in the Sun it said possible Rangers Player of the Year before his player rating and my gers m8''s couldn't belive it either

The two posts I have been in this week have totally surprised me with Gers fans so looks as if i am in the minority so will keepp it down

It's odd, but BH has shown a lot of fire in his belly over the past 3 games. He went nuts at AM's sending off, he went crazy when he scored in the same game, he was prominent in the OF game, and he was fighting for everything in Spain.

I remember reading that (about the bust up) before we signed him and was actually quite suprised at just how composed he looked. Perhaps he just feels more comfortable in his surrondings now and is finally fully settled in?

I also read just before we signed him that he can pass the ball through the eye of a needle, so hopefully we will see some of that soon too :Animation44:

I think Hemdani's one of those players who will never get the full recognition of the fans because he does the basic things well and most fans don't sympathise with that becuase they look for players who can do the spectacular things aswell as players who get stuck in and play with pure strength as opposed to brains.

Personally I just don't approve of sacrificing quality for strength and will to win. I rate Hemdani as a quality football player and I think we are severly lacking them at the moment.

In an ideal world we should be building a team around Hemdani, Ferguson and Buffel but the reality of it is that two out of three are not appreciated as footballers because they lack the typical Scottish mentality that we are all so acustomed to seeing.

I remember reading that (about the bust up) before we signed him and was actually quite suprised at just how composed he looked. Perhaps he just feels more comfortable in his surrondings now and is finally fully settled in?

I also read just before we signed him that he can pass the ball through the eye of a needle, so hopefully we will see some of that soon too :Animation44:

I think Hemdani's one of those players who will never get the full recognition of the fans because he does the basic things well and most fans don't sympathise with that becuase they look for players who can do the spectacular things aswell as players who get stuck in and play with pure strength as opposed to brains.

Personally I just don't approve of sacrificing quality for strength and will to win. I rate Hemdani as a quality football player and I think we are severly lacking them at the moment.

In an ideal world we should be building a team around Hemdani, Ferguson and Buffel but the reality of it is that two out of three are not appreciated as footballers because they lack the typical Scottish mentality that we are all so acustomed to seeing.

What I admire about him is his abject reliability. He rarely concedes possession, always passing accurately. Occasionally he slips up, but he's only human.

I think, and maybe it's just me, that he plays passes which puts his team mates under a lot of pressure ?

Short passes when his team mates have a man on which forces them to make rash decisions.

Just my opinion.

What I admire about him is his abject reliability. He rarely concedes possession, always passing accurately. Occasionally he slips up, but he's only human.

Its the classic cliche "if your opponents don't have the ball, then they can't hurt you" and although Hemdani never plays defence splitting passes he always makes sure that we retain possession.

I also find it amazing that a holding midfielder in the SPL has only been booked once all season and that came in Europe.

I think, and maybe it's just me, that he plays passes which puts his team mates under a lot of pressure ?

Short passes when his team mates have a man on which forces them to make rash decisions.

Just my opinion.

Excellent point Davy, exactly, couldnt agree more

I just think for a midfielder he gives us nothing going forward

Just my opinion.

Excellent point Davy, exactly, couldnt agree more

I just think for a midfielder he gives us nothing going forward

He's NOT a AMF he's a DMF. Attacking isn't supposed to be a major part of his game.

Would be nice if some sort of attack is part of his game

And again this goes back to my orig post, is it worth paying 20-25k for a DM

But we have Burke, Adam and ferguson for that.

SO what happens is Hemdani does push up?

It would leave a massive gaps between midfield and defense. Teams would have a field day against us. doh

Hemdani is only on 19,000 a year and right now he's well worth the cash.

Would be nice if some sort of attack is part of his game

And again this goes back to my orig post, is it worth paying 20-25k for a DM

But we have Burke, Adam and ferguson for that.

SO what happens is Hemdani does push up?

It would leave a massive gaps between midfield and defense. Teams would have a field day against us. doh

Hemdani is only on 19,000 a year and right now he's well worth the cash.

Well i would play burke,adam,ferguson and thomson, and god forbid 2 strikers, imagine us playing that against teams in the SPL

Just hate us playing so bloody defensive

I take it you mean 19k a week. for 19k a year i wouldnt have started my moan

Thomson is no where near the class Hemdani is.

But i do agree with you about our over defensive play.

But IMO the only way to solve that is to drop thomson and play 4-4-2. With sebo/ prso playing alongside Boyd.

Hopefully we will see that tomorrow as Thomson will be out of action.

Thomson is no where near the class Hemdani is.

But i do agree with you about our over defensive play.

But IMO the only way to solve that is to drop thomson and play 4-4-2. With sebo/ prso playing alongside Boyd.

Hopefully we will see that tomorrow as Thomson will be out of action.

would you still play Nacho in the midfileld 4