Stuart McCall's Testimonial

RangersKenny

After reading Mackem09's post about the Sunderland game in 1993, it brought back memories of Stuart McCall's testimonial in Bradford, where the Bears took an amazing travelling support, taking around 3/4 stands, if not more! (poor turnout from Bradford fans mind you, considering the work he done for the club), but what an amazing day. The attendance was reckoned to be approx 21,000.

The 9IAR team v Bradfords 1st team, and all our top boys were playing, and all got a rousing reception as brought onto the park, introduced one-by-one.

We left on the Renfrew Loyal about 7am and the bus just rocked all the way down there, it was fantastic, and i remember the fans singing '9 in a row...9 in a row' repeatedly for almost the full game!!! Getting home is a bit vague mind u!

Class day from start to finish for a true Rangers Legend!!

And Stuarty got a great reception, then a video of the game/build-up was brought out and was good to actually see how the game went from a sober prespective!

Im sure i probably bumped into a number of you that day.

I live in Bradford and worked on the turntstiles when they were in the EPL. Had the pleasure of working at this game and loved every minute of it. Gers fans took over half the stdium and remember seeing one of the stands rock like never before. Was a great day and got to chat to a few of the players as they warmed / loosened up before the game. Too much alcholo was probably consumed though and for every 100 times my turnstile span I reckon a good 120-130 fans squeezed through!