Need help please

missrangersfc

My son got a virus through msn,one of them 'Is this a picture of you'.

It has dowloaded an anti-virus protection that i cant get rid of,i have looked in the installed programmes hidden folders ect but cannot find it anywhere?

It has disabled my own anti-virus programme and wont let me restore the pc,i can get on internet but every now and again a loud screeching noise happens.

Any advice please?

My son got a virus through msn,one of them 'Is this a picture of you'.

It has dowloaded an anti-virus protection that i cant get rid of,i have looked in the installed programmes hidden folders ect but cannot find it anywhere?

It has disabled my own anti-virus programme and wont let me restore the pc,i can get on internet but every now and again a loud screeching noise happens.

Any advice please?

Restart your PC in Safe Mode (press F8 repeatedly when it is booting up) and choose "Start Windows in Safe Mode."

Start > Run > type "msconfig"

Click the "Startup" tab and disable everything.

Restart.

If that doesn't work, tell me what messages appear and we can go from there.

Sounds like one i had,i deleted all my internet cookies then when the inevitable pop up appeared i checked my cookies and blocked it through 'Tools' - 'options' - 'Privacy' - 'Exceptions' and enter the cookie address.(Firefox)

Also destroyed it with Superantispyware,you wont find it in the list of installed programmes.

Restart your PC in Safe Mode (press F8 repeatedly when it is booting up) and choose "Start Windows in Safe Mode."

Start > Run > type "msconfig"

Click the "Startup" tab and disable everything.

Restart.

If that doesn't work, tell me what messages appear and we can go from there.

Thank you.

I did what you said and everything seems fine now :)