Who's to blame?

dellbear72

Who's to Blame  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who's stopping the money?

• Sir David Murray?
    • Lloyds Bank?

As i say i agreed with your posts other than the fact i have read around 4 different prices for JB quoted. I really hope the guy can find some of his old Southampton form. I realy like him in general and want him to do well :anguish:

That's the thing, I like him as well. He's been really unfortunate with his fitness and injuries and who can blame him after what happened to him at Stoke. I managed to get to his debut game, was it Kilmarnock? He wasn't overweight but he was certainly carrying a lot of the past few months with him. There was a difference to him being unfit and on the pitch though. He was blowing a gut to make every run 100% but his positional sense was absolutely awful during that game.

As he's got fitter, he looks sharper already. He had a good showing up at Inverness and helped the team a lot with his strength. Who knows how he'd be playing had he finished that cross from Whittaker in the second half? Confidence can do wonders to a player's form.

I really like him. He realises what Club he's playing for and has completely the right attitude.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and he forgets we sold thonson for 2+ and there is another 3 coming for wilson.

we also lost boyd and novo as well as others.

the bank are at it and people are falling for it.

I did forget about Thomson, my bad. £2m that was brought in before the signing of Jelavic, Beattie or Weiss.

Boyd and Novo went for frees, as did Beasley and Smith.

There isn't a guaranteed £3m coming for Wilson. Rangers can't go out and spend £3m they don't have.

When is this 1 man protest going to be?

Gunslinger the money for Wilson is not guarenteed

I'm looking for ideas. I was thinking of putting a facebook petition to start off with that other fans can sign up to to produce to let SDM know the majority of fans want answers..

I did forget about Thomson, my bad. £2m that was brought in before the signing of Jelavic, Beattie or Weiss.

Boyd and Novo went for frees, as did Beasley and Smith.

There isn't a guaranteed £3m coming for Wilson. Rangers can't go out and spend £3m they don't have.

Thats the most important line in this thread. We cant spend what we dont have. We also paid up the Jelavic deal in cash. The whole lot.

Whereas the KT deal will be paid in installments no doubt

But thats a sure thing and Walter Smith has already stated he needs a couple of players in at january?

That is true and he has came out and said it multiple times. There's nothing more that I'd like for Rangers to strengthen the squad in this window. Nothing more.

It is a sure thing to receive that money at the end of the season but,again, how can Rangers spend money they don't have? That's assuming we have money free to use, knowing the finances will be topped up come June, but we don't have any.

Thats the most important line in this thread. We cant spend what we dont have. We also paid up the Jelavic deal in cash. The whole lot.

Whereas the KT deal will be paid in installments no doubt

Why then did RFC recently have a meeting with the bank to ask for funds?

Whoever was in control of the team.

Awful decisions, awful tactics and the typical lack of changes when we're struggling.

Exactly.

It stil infuriates me now when I think that Smith/McCoist targetted and Bain/Murray sanctioned the purchases of Lafferty, Velicka & Miller at a total cost of almost 7 million when we were crying out for a midfielder and we already had Boyd, Darcheville, Novo & Cousin on the books.

1. Has the Budget Smith was given at start of season been blown or has he kept money back for Jan window?

2. I would say SDM im sure AJ said the banks werent dictating anymore at the start of the season when Smith was given his budget fcuk knows.

It dosnt all add up we need the takeover to happen to give the place a lift.

2 be fair he spent 4m on one player so tht probs was the budget

The bottom line is it was reported that bain and or johnson had a meeting with the bank and came back empty handed. Are we saying here the bank runs RFC and calls every shot?

we do owe them 25m pounds do we not? :disappointment:

I don't get some bears. Here is a guy who is trying to be a pro active supporter and not take the shit club/bank are serving to us.

Instead of criticising him, why not be supportive.

Well in delbear72 hope it goes well, keep us updated.

I've not seen anyone criticise him.

we do owe them 25m pounds do we not? :disappointment:

You say that as if you've heard it through the grapevine. :lol: :lol:

Where have you been for the past 3 years?!

My big point about it all is why is the bank so involved with Rangers calling the "shots" and telling what we can and cannot spend when "correct me if i'm wrong" there not doing this to any other club in scotland probably Britain' i.e. killie 10m debt Dundee utd around 8m amoungst others no sign of the banks their dictating what they can and cannot do. When these teams have a snowballs chance in hell of getting out of their debt...

When is this 1 man protest going to be?

Gunslinger the money for Wilson is not guarenteed

by all acounts we have some of it alreaady.

do you think if it is paid it will be given to walter?

i dont. to all intents and purposes we took in more than we spent.

and dont forget thomson he makes it close regardless of the wilson money.

if beatie was 500k or free its pretty much a wash without the 3 million.

we also dont know that the jela or beatie money is all guaranteed to go out

My big point about it all is why is the bank so involved with Rangers calling the "shots" and telling what we can and cannot spend when "correct me if i'm wrong" there not doing this to any other club in scotland probably Britain' i.e. killie 10m debt Dundee utd around 8m amoungst others no sign of the banks their dictating what they can and cannot do. When these teams have a snowballs chance in hell of getting out of their debt...

As far as am aware the problem the bank has a stranglehold on Rangers is because Rangers is part of MIM and owes the bank millions and with Rangers fc making money and Lloyds have now got shares with MIM which is all connected with Rangers, the money that comes in is being used to pay off the debt Rangers/MIM where has all the money gone Murray has taken in at ibrox?

we dont know the jela deal was paid upfront. i hope it was but we dont know that and wont till the next set of accounts come out.

we also dont know the terms of the wilson and thomson deals.

i think its safe to say all in all we didnt spend money in the summer and our wage bill reduced.

and whats particularily frightening is that was a good summer of late.

we dont know the jela deal was paid upfront. i hope it was but we dont know that and wont till the next set of accounts come out.

we also dont know the terms of the wilson and thomson deals.

i think its safe to say all in all we didnt spend money in the summer and our wage bill reduced.

and whats particularily frightening is that was a good summer of late.

There have been quotes from RV saying it was and also i remember a few media outlets printing it was unusual to do such in this day. I also think AJ said it had been too