Is George Peat getting a raw deal?

I think he is.

I don't really like the guy but he's done nothing wrong. All he's done is respond to Celtic/Lennon and their pish. He's only saying what everyone else in Scotland is thinking and all you hear from the tim sympathisers in the media and telly is "sooner he's gone the better"

He's getting hung out to dry a little over this.

And he's head of that system so he has to be accountable for the state its in.

But for any sort of change, doesn't all sorts of votes have to be unanimous? making it impossible for change?

I could be wrong.

I hate the SFA. The way Rangers players seem to always find their way in front of discipline panels and Celtic players get away with the same, sometimes worse and nothing happens.

I don't think that's down to Peat.

Whether or not its down to Peat personally, he is President so he has to take responsibility for the SFA. Its like any other business; the person at the top is accountable for the whole thing.

Agreed.

But, there's not much he can do.

It was the same with Gordon Smith. He tried to be innovitive, but couldn't change a thing due to process and the set up. It will never change. I can't blame Peat for the same things in his department.

I'm not sticking up for the guy. I don't doubt for one minute that if it was us acting the cunt and not Celtic, he'd be saying the same stuff about us.

I think he's getting made a scape goat here all because he's spoke out against Celtic and their shite.

But for any sort of change, doesn't all sorts of votes have to be unanimous? making it impossible for change?

I could be wrong.

I hate the SFA. The way Rangers players seem to always find their way in front of discipline panels and Celtic players get away with the same, sometimes worse and nothing happens.

I don't think that's down to Peat.

This is slightly esoteric, but bear with me on this one. When I read that, the first thing I thought of was JFK.

In charge of a whole massive system, but with wee factions and cliques within there that have their own wee agendas and ideals, and don't give a fuck about the man at the top.

I'm not saying this is anything against us, against Celtic or whatever, but the system reeks and I think there is a shitload going on that Peat doesn't even have a scooby about, and sometimes, vis-a-vis the disciplinary point, I can't help feel that if it was Kenny Miller and Barry Ferguson that had said what Hooper and Stokes said, they'd be in the shit big time.

This is slightly esoteric, but bear with me on this one. When I read that, the first thing I thought of was JFK.

In charge of a whole massive system, but with wee factions and cliques within there that have their own wee agendas and ideals, and don't give a fuck about the man at the top.

I'm not saying this is anything against us, against Celtic or whatever, but the system reeks and I think there is a shitload going on that Peat doesn't even have a scooby about, and sometimes, vis-a-vis the disciplinary point, I can't help feel that if it was Kenny Miller and Barry Ferguson that had said what Hooper and Stokes said, they'd be in the shit big time.

The system does wreek. Your right. But one man can't change it.

What I'd blame Peat for is sitting creaming a living as top dog at the SFA when he knows himself he can't change things. He's happy to milk it.

That's about it. Change is impossible in Scotland for better or for worse.

The system does wreek. Your right. But one man can't change it.

What I'd blame Peat for is sitting creaming a living as top dog at the SFA when he knows himself he can't change things. He's happy to milk it.

That's about it. Change is impossible in Scotland for better or for worse.

He can't change it, but he can be far more involved.

Even still, could you imagine what might happen when Peat goes and another one of the old bhoys club (Regan being a prime example) gets invited to offer for the job?

It's not worth thinking about.

But hey, we're the establishment, right?

He can't change it, but he can be far more involved.

Even still, could you imagine what might happen when Peat goes and another one of the old bhoys club (Regan being a prime example) gets invited to offer for the job?

It's not worth thinking about.

But hey, we're the establishment, right?

We don't know what he does or doesn't get involved in behind the scenes to be fair. I'm playing Devil's Advocate, really, as I said, I think he's happy just milking it knowing he can't do much anyway.

He's been involved a lot the past few months, putting Cetic in their place. He's earned a bit of his wedge in that respect.

The rest of your post I agree with. It's been bad enough for Rangers with neutrals or Rangers men with influence, nevermind a tim. The chip they cunts have on their shoulder means it should never be allowed to happen. They would over compensate in the extreme.

We don't know what he does or doesn't get involved in behind the scenes to be fair. I'm playing Devil's Advocate, really, as I said, I think he's happy just milking it knowing he can't do much anyway.

He's been involved a lot the past few months, putting Cetic in their place. He's earned a bit of his wedge in that respect.

The rest of your post I agree with. It's been bad enough for Rangers with neutrals or Rangers men with influence, nevermind a tim. The chip they cunts have on their shoulder means it should never be allowed to happen. They would over compensate in the extreme.

In all fairness, I'd rather it was someone who was involved with a lower league team at best, with maybe the exception of Albion Rovers, that was the top man in the SFA.

It would cut down on those tinks moaning and it'd keep them out of power too.

In all fairness, I'd rather it was someone who was involved with a lower league team at best, with maybe the exception of Albion Rovers, that was the top man in the SFA.

It would cut down on those tinks moaning and it'd keep them out of power too.

You'd like to think so mate, but you could take someone from any town through Scotland ... Airdrie, Falkirk, Dunfermline, Fife, Dumfries etc and they would moan bias because they are mostly Protestant towns and they would still have anti-Celtic bias.

You know what they're like mate.

You'd like to think so mate, but you could take someone from any town through Scotland ... Airdrie, Falkirk, Dunfermline, Fife, Dumfries etc and they would moan bias because they are mostly Protestant towns and they would still have anti-Celtic bias.

You know what they're like mate.

Yeah, you only have to look at the accusations getting thrown at Willie Collum to see that they'll turn on one fo their own just as quickly.

If only the 'errant' priests were dealt with with such alacrity.

Graham Spiers said on the news last night ' I cant wait till this guy retires' for that reason alone, I want him there forever. I think its time everycunt just accepts that Scottish football is a fucking shambles right from the very top all the way down to grassroots. Not one guy is too blame, we're just a nation of shite footballers and have the habit of making the wrong decision every fucking time.