***Pregame Analysis*** Rangers versus Inverness CT

nvager

Rangers versus Inverness Caley Thistle at Ibrox Stadium, Glasgow on Tuesday January 18, 2011. Kick-off 7:45 PM.

Rangers sit in second place in the SPL with 44 points from 18 games with a goal difference of +24 goals. Celtic are currently in first place with 49 points from 21 games and have a goal difference of +31 goals. This game gives us a chance to make up 3 points on Celtic and we must take it.

It will not be easy as ICT have a great away record and took a point from us the last time we played them at Ibrox. Furthermore we have injury problems in defence going into this game.

Bougherra is suspended and both Papac and Whittaker may miss this match with injuries. That means 3 out of our back 4 MAY miss this match.

If that happens our back four is likely to be Foster, Webster, Weir, Kerkar/Wylde? or Davis, Webster, Weir, Foster? An unusual back four to be sure.

In midfield and up front we have plenty of choices, but I understand Naismith is not yet fully fit.

Midfield: Four from Davis, Weiss, Ness, McCulloch, Edu, Hutton, Fleck, Wylde, Lafferty.

Strikers: Two from Miller, Jelavic, Lafferty and Beattie.

If the above mentioned players do not pass fitness tests then my team would be: McGregor, Davis, Webster, Weir, Foster, Weiss, Ness, McCulloch, Edu, Miller/Jelavic and Lafferty

This will be a hard fought game and one we must win. My prediction is Rangers 3-1 Inverness CT.

It all depends on our attitude - we must be up for this game as ICT certainly will be.

It all depends how we set out. If we are cautious that Inverness have a good away record and play timidly then we may struggle. If we realise we are much better than them and they are there for the taking then it should be an easy 3 points.

I'd also be happy to see Cole play at RB again if Whittaker is out.

What about playing Wylde at LB instead of Davis? I seem to recall Wylde starting at one of the wingback positions last season or earlier this season? Is Wylde left or right footed?

Davis would be at RB. Foster at LB. Wylde is left footed.

Massive game tonight, a must win, and it's certainly not going to be easy.

Same as what we have seen in the Kilmarnock and Hamilton games is required.

We will see what these players are made of - the talking stops!