Murray, Marketing and missed opportunities

We now find ourselves on the dawn of a new era however I still find myself looking back on the Murray stewardship and the missed opportunities that could have prevented the financial mess that we now find ourselves in.

Over the years we have seen our great club go from being a global brand steeped in history, which is talked about all over the world however now you would be lucky to find a Rangers key ring in most sport shops outside Scotland as the interest in Rangers and Scottish football has been allowed to Dwindle.

Now before I go further I must state that the interest or lack of I should say in Scottish football is not down to Murray but rather could be blamed on the SPL's failed rendezvous with Setanta.

Although we cannot ignore that Murray has allowed our club to go from being the Second biggest club in terms of merchandise income in the UK to a club who no longer operate their own shops.

I do not intend to list all of Murrays short comings as I would like everyone to list one that they feel Murray got wrong; I will start with the following:

Murrays Missed Opportunities

1. The Big Screen Fiasco

I always wondered what was going through Murray’s head when he introduced the big screen TV’s. The opportunity to actually use them were limited as TV rights dictated what games could be shown. Surely if some one actually sat down and calculated the amount of seats that could have been placed there instead and the average ticket cost across the number of games we are looking at a lot of revenue lost over the years.

Anyways guys over to you to list what you feel he got wrong.

Giving up the Nike deal to bring kit manufacturing 'in house'. He tried something similar a few seasons before with the Admiral disaster and to attempt it again was nothing but arrogance to turn a fast buck. Massive failure.