Barry Ferguson

robroy72

BF wont leave...unless he is told to..and that aint gonna happen as long as WS is there..and also SDM likes him too...

but yes..poor today..i said it in the match thread that he had been quiet

I doubt Smith will let his most influencial and best player leave. Hutton and Adam said the other day that Ferguson a great guy to have around the place.

6 6 6 can be criticised justly for many things but I will defend him over his performances as a player, even in the past couple of weeks. He has been less than his usual influential self in a playing sense but he still does the right things when involved. He does look a bit jaded and I am sure much of the season has mnow caught up on him.

He may be less than his usual creative self but he is by no means and worse than anyone else.

He will not leave in the summer, but I dohope that he is replaced as captain for his sake and for the team's.

As sad as it is, the press is the footballers gateway to voice opinion. Accept it or not, thats how it is.

As a Rangers fan, I was happy that Barry spoke up. I would not want to see my captain sit and watch as the club snowballs downwards. I know challenging the manager isn't traditionally the right thing to do, but sometimes you have to challenge your superiors.

Barry speaking up ended up with us getting Walter and this has led to an upturn in results, while PLG struggles in the relegation zone with one of the biggest teams in France.

So whether you like it or not, he spoke up for the best of the club and its fans and I for one am very grateful to him.

Agreed here it's a no brainer. People had much respect for the Hearts Three that told it like it was, but Baz gets stick for it?

From his teams own supporters <cr>

Baz goin nowhere mate. Baz may not be "Rangers" but he's sure as shit been one who's known what the jersey meant the whole time.

Agreed here it's a no brainer. People had much respect for the Hearts Three that told it like it was, but Baz gets stick for it?

Baz goin nowhere mate. Baz may not be "Rangers" but he's sure as shit been one who's known what the jersey meant the whole time.

This is a great post, and it's not surprising to see the Barry detractors thus far ignoring it.

Why is it the Hearts 3 got universal sympathy and support from almost all Scottish football fans for running to the press, INCLUDING THEIR CAPTAIN, where our captain allegedly makes a phone call or 2 to a paper and is castigated for it?

Let's review: Hearts 3 - public press conference, in the glare of the camera, to multiple press organisations. Barry, a quiet phone call or 2 (allegedly) in private. But one is ok and one isn't?

There is a real discrepancy there - and one I hadn't even noticed before.

And do you know what's even MORE ironic? One of those Hearts 3 was a player we tried to sign - and a player many fans wanted on board. The ones who didn't said he was a tim. Not that he was unworthy because he'd gone to the press.

Go figure...

that our captain has been told he will be shown the door in the summer for his part in the PLG debacle.

I've seen him play poorly before ... but never play without heart as he has done the last few games :(

For you that may be a nasty feeling but to me that would be pure joy. All depends on your perspective. Personally I don't think there is a chance of him being shown the door but I do hope you're right.

This is a great post, and it's not surprising to see the Barry detractors thus far ignoring it.

Why is it the Hearts 3 got universal sympathy and support from almost all Scottish football fans for running to the press, INCLUDING THEIR CAPTAIN, where our captain allegedly makes a phone call or 2 to a paper and is castigated for it?

Let's review: Hearts 3 - public press conference, in the glare of the camera, to multiple press organisations. Barry, a quiet phone call or 2 (allegedly) in private. But one is ok and one isn't?

There is a real discrepancy there - and one I hadn't even noticed before.

And do you know what's even MORE ironic? One of those Hearts 3 was a player we tried to sign - and a player many fans wanted on board. The ones who didn't said he was a tim. Not that he was unworthy because he'd gone to the press.

Go figure...

Well I didn't back the Hearts players but I couldn't give a shit about what they do anyway. No Rangers player should defy the Rangers manager and go behind his back to the press....ever.

not a big fergie fan never world class overated by a lot of rangers fans imo and his off field behaviour is not what youn expect from a rangers captain

true, I say we should play gavin rae instead of ferguson then!

:pipeguy:

when has he ever been amazing since he came back
doh

He's carried us all season.

If it wasn't for him we wouldn't even be second!

I totally agree.

And we wouldn't have got as far in Europe either.

He got more MOTM than any other rangers player if I remember correctly.

Tbh, i wouldnt mind if he left in the summer - so long as we get a decent replacement in

Ferguson, at times, can lift the game and turn it on his head, but also gives off a negative influence more often than not which sets the rest of the team down

That aswell as his part in the PLG debacle

not a big fergie fan never world class overated by a lot of rangers fans imo and his off field behaviour is not what youn expect from a rangers captain

nah buy scott brown and punt him in the summer

that our captain has been told he will be shown the door in the summer for his part in the PLG debacle.

I've seen him play poorly before ... but never play without heart as he has done the last few games :(

For you that may be a nasty feeling but to me that would be pure joy. All depends on your perspective. Personally I don't think there is a chance of him being shown the door but I do hope you're right.

I for one hope Barry is at Rangers until he is no longer capable of playing to his normal high standards. I agree the last couple of games have not been his best, but the ten before he has been fantastic, I hope that most fans would agree with me on this. (header)

You say he’s not the say player that left us neither is the players of the same calibre which he is now asked to play with? BF was the only player who could have played in that Italian team and not looked out of place yet you wish to sell him in the hope we can sign someone better.... long shot going with our current buying record.

Brown and BF were beginning to show an understanding with each other in the two Internationals they played together and should make for a good partnership bringing out the best in each other. To sell BF would certainly be asset stripping

You say he’s not the say player that left us neither is the players of the same calibre which he is now asked to play with? BF was the only player who could have played in that Italian team and not looked out of place yet you wish to sell him in the hope we can sign someone better.... long shot going with our current buying record.

Brown and BF were beginning to show an understanding with each other in the two Internationals they played together and should make for a good partnership bringing out the best in each other. To sell BF would certainly be asset stripping

i think he is overated a decent player but never world class like some on here think imo would like to see him sold