What was so special about Gary McSwegan Goal against Marseille

We got outclassed in the first half (by the players OWN admission)then did a classic mighty Glasgow Rangers fight back.

Its special because it symbolises the spirit that team had.

Rangers were 1 0 down at half time hardly outclassed alot of that was to do with gough playing with a groin injury. iirc he was subbed at half time and pressley was brought on at right back for his european debut and big mcpherson moving into CB.

we came back from 2 down and that was with big Elvis blubbing after the 2nd goal according to Goram.

Rangers were 1 0 down at half time hardly outclassed alot of that was to do with gough playing with a groin injury. iirc he was subbed at half time and pressley was brought on at right back for his european debut and big mcpherson moving into CB.

we came back from 2 down and that was with big Elvis blubbing after the 2nd goal according to Goram.

Marseille wiped the floor with us in the 1st half, mate. Abede Pele ran us ragged.

Dunno but Gary was my pal, played in the school team together. I remember when he scored was jumping up and down for about 20 minutes. Always felt it was a pity he never got more of a chance, pace to burn and knew where the goal was. Unfortunately we had a not too bad front two at the time. :rolleyes:

Did he not score the league winner at broomfield one year as well?

Marseille wiped the floor with us in the 1st half, mate. Abede Pele ran us ragged.

They had a pretty decent side at that time...Pele, Dechamps, Sauzee, Voller. It's no shame being outclassed for a half by that team!!

They had a pretty decent side at that time...Pele, Dechamps, Sauzee, Voller. It's no shame being outclassed for a half by that team!!

More than decent, one of the best in the World. I never understood why they felt the need to bribe other teams with the team they had.

More than decent, one of the best in the World. I never understood why they felt the need to bribe other teams with the team they had.

I loved the two games with them that season!! Durranty's goal in the Velodrome was something special too!!

I was there no doubt they had one of the best club sides ever put together but alot of our problems was with Gough the captain not being fully fit.

Anyway the abiding memory I have of that night was their fans at 2 nil some with taps aff it was a fucking misrable autumn night tae doing what was now called the reverse bouncy that polish team did.

paying all that money and turning your back on the game. get it up ye ya cocky french bastards we came roaring back.

Epitomised by the fact that in the build up to the equaliser Miko won a sliding tackle.

Only time I seen him make a tackle in a Rangers strip.

Wildly under-rated player imo. On his day big Miko was untouchable. Your right about his tackling though, totally non-existant.