Bojan Djordjic Joins Blackpool

Page last updated at 14:49 GMT, Wednesday, 29 June 2011 15:49 UK

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Blackpool complete deal to sign Bojan Djordjic

Djordjic spent six years with Manchester United but made only one appearance

Blackpool have completed the signing of attacking midfielder Bojan Djordjic on a two-year deal with the option for a further year.

The former Manchester United trainee will be reunited with Ian Holloway who managed him at Plymouth.

He told BBC Radio Lancashire: "It's one of the best days I've had to be honest.

"To go to a team like Blackpool after the fantastic season last year, even though they were relegated, I am really grateful for the opportunity."

Djordjic joined Manchester United at the age of 17 in 1999 and went on to win the club's Jimmy Murphy player of the year award a year later, but despite being tipped as a possible successor to Ryan Giggs, made just one competitive appearance for the Reds.

After various loan periods, he moved to Rangers in January 2005, and then to Plymouth, before a spell with Stockholm-based AIK.

The 29-year-old says linking up again with Ian Holloway was something that appealed to him greatly:

"Ollie (Ian Holloway) is one of the few managers to get the best out of me and I always thought about that.

"It's a big step when you're 29 to come back to English football to a club that's just been relegated from the Premier League."

Djordjic will join his new team mates for pre-season training on July 4 following an unhappy spell in Hungarian football with Videoton.

He said: "I'm looking forward to it. It's like a first day of school, I am so excited and there is a hunger in me and I hope I'm going to prove my critics wrong and enjoy my football."

What a talent, I can remember when he joined us and how, on his first appearance as a sub, he fell over the ball, did his groin and was taken off after five minutes. Well done 'Eck, what a signing. (tu)

Page last updated at 14:49 GMT, Wednesday, 29 June 2011 15:49 UK

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Blackpool complete deal to sign Bojan Djordjic

Djordjic spent six years with Manchester United but made only one appearance

Blackpool have completed the signing of attacking midfielder Bojan Djordjic on a two-year deal with the option for a further year.

The former Manchester United trainee will be reunited with Ian Holloway who managed him at Plymouth.

He told BBC Radio Lancashire: "It's one of the best days I've had to be honest.

"To go to a team like Blackpool after the fantastic season last year, even though they were relegated, I am really grateful for the opportunity."

Djordjic joined Manchester United at the age of 17 in 1999 and went on to win the club's Jimmy Murphy player of the year award a year later, but despite being tipped as a possible successor to Ryan Giggs, made just one competitive appearance for the Reds.

After various loan periods, he moved to Rangers in January 2005, and then to Plymouth, before a spell with Stockholm-based AIK.

The 29-year-old says linking up again with Ian Holloway was something that appealed to him greatly:

"Ollie (Ian Holloway) is one of the few managers to get the best out of me and I always thought about that.

"It's a big step when you're 29 to come back to English football to a club that's just been relegated from the Premier League."

Djordjic will join his new team mates for pre-season training on July 4 following an unhappy spell in Hungarian football with Videoton.

He said: "I'm looking forward to it. It's like a first day of school, I am so excited and there is a hunger in me and I hope I'm going to prove my critics wrong and enjoy my football."

What a talent, I can remember when he joined us and how, on his first appearance as a sub, he fell over the ball, did his groin and was taken off after five minutes. Well done 'Eck, what a signing. (tu)

How you can blame Eck for him falling over the ball is totally beyond me.