Change Of Access From The M8 Westbound

Oso

The opening of the M74 extension has a had a small knock on effect for access to Ibrox due to an extended crash barrier between the M74 where it joins the M8 and the M8 proper.

J23 of the M8 (Carmyle/Ibrox) is only accessible from the M74 extension where it joins the M8, so ONLY those coming up the M74 leave at that exit. If you have come from the M8 through the city you have to leave at the Govan exit, J24 along with any overspill from the M74.

Due to the location of the crash barrier I can forsee a horrendous SNAFU where the barrier ends unless the Plod get their finger out and have effective traffic direction at the top of BOTH exits and for several streets in each direction to get the vehicles away from the motorway.

The opening of the M74 extension has a had a small knock on effect for access to Ibrox due to an extended crash barrier between the M74 where it joins the M8 and the M8 proper.

J23 of the M8 (Carmyle/Ibrox) is only accessible from the M74 extension where it joins the M8, so ONLY those coming up the M74 leave at that exit. If you have come from the M8 through the city you have to leave at the Govan exit, J24 along with any overspill from the M74.

Due to the location of the crash barrier I can forsee a horrendous SNAFU where the barrier ends unless the Plod get their finger out and have effective traffic direction at the top of BOTH exits and for several streets in each direction to get the vehicles away from the motorway.

Isnt this just a temporary Diversion?I can remember something similar on the kingston bridge and it wasnt there too long?

Isnt this just a temporary Diversion?I can remember something similar on the kingston bridge and it wasnt there too long?

Even if it is temporary, which I personally doubt, it will still be there when the season starts.

it is permenant barrier to stop M8 traffic trying to cross 2 lanes of fast moving M74 traffic to exit at Junction 23, in my opinion this is a safety issue and i have no problem with it, though they should adjust the traffic light sequence on J24 to allow more vehicles to turn right onto Helen Street.