September 1st

GM84

If we got rid of the passengers in the squad who have no realistic chance of playing, then we might see something like that, but as it stands we are wasting too much money paying dross every week.

Also the bids we are currently making, will not get us any decent players in. Everyone wants value for money, but some of the bids we are reported to have made are laughable and a little concerning.

Broadfoot, Kerkar, Healy, Little, McCulloch and Weir shouldn't and hopefully won't play much of a part this season, that money could be spent on players who will actually start a game. The reason why they were given deals (Broadfoot and McCulloch already signed new deals) is open to speculation, but my feeling is that we were not prepared for the start of the season and the manager wanted bodies in the squad, they are all cheap options as opposed to getting out there and getting players.

One thing really galling me ATM is this scouting trip to Argentina, now I know August 31st is 5 weeks away but we need some new players in now and everyone has known it since the end of the season, so where are the players you went to scout Ally?

Someone in the club should look at James Beattie and realise that accepting and buying second best actually costs us more money in the long run, when they do will they please tell the Manager and the Chairman.

We have spent approx £2 million net so far and our Chairman has said that much more is available, well it's now time to put up or shut up, get the players needed in asap.

If we got rid of the passengers in the squad who have no realistic chance of playing, then we might see something like that, but as it stands we are wasting too much money paying dross every week.

Also the bids we are currently making, will not get us any decent players in. Everyone wants value for money, but some of the bids we are reported to have made are laughable and a little concerning.

Broadfoot, Kerkar, Healy, Little, McCulloch and Weir shouldn't and hopefully won't play much of a part this season, that money could be spent on players who will actually start a game. The reason why they were given deals (Broadfoot and McCulloch already signed new deals) is open to speculation, but my feeling is that we were not prepared for the start of the season and the manager wanted bodies in the squad, they are all cheap options as opposed to getting out there and getting players.

One thing really galling me ATM is this scouting trip to Argentina, now I know August 31st is 5 weeks away but we need some new players in now and everyone has known it since the end of the season, so where are the players you went to scout Ally?

Someone in the club should look at James Beattie and realise that accepting and buying second best actually costs us more money in the long run, when they do will they please tell the Manager and the Chairman.

We have spent approx £2 million net so far and our Chairman has said that much more is available, well it's now time to put up or shut up, get the players needed in asap.

Passengers? We just gave about 5 of them a new contract for this season. <cr> Madness.

The Beattie signing was just typical of the mistakes we made when Bain was CEO.

Offers are in, have faith, the players will come.

(tu)

Rangers haven't matched the the £2m valuation of Cuellar Goodwillie. Fixed (tu)

Why you worried about that bud! You "exclusively revealed" we were signing, not interested, signing, david goodwillie and darren mcgregor.

We have had bids in for players totally over £10m, and are still in negotiations with several players, by the time all players are signed our spending wont be a million miles from £11.5m. I wouldnt be so sure about Broadfoot. Ness being loaned is probably unrealistic, yes and Beattie, we simply dont know what the score withhim is, he has no motivation to move given the ridiculous contract we gave him under Bains watch.

Why dont you think we will spend money? Dont you think we have it?

Do you still think we might spend £11.5m during this transfer window now that we're staring at an early European exit and the loss of at least £10m in revenue?

Do you still think we might spend £11.5m during this transfer window now that we're staring at an early European exit and the loss of at least £10m in revenue?

No, i didnt say we would, i said we wouldnt be far away, and if we want to keep our title we will have to.

(tu)

There is at least £20 million (maybe even closer to £30 million) on the line here. Not only this seasons CL money but also next seasons.

Now with that much money on the line would you be haggling over relatively small sums.

Either pay close to the fee for our current targets, or pick new targets that we can afford.

I am beginning to think that come Sept 1st it will be excuse time "look at how many bids we made for players, we really tried, really tried hard to get players in"

I am sorry but bidding is fucking useless when you bid like us.

I am starting to get really worried about Whyte. People used to accuse Murray of smoke and mirrors, well it's beginning to feel like it all over again.