What Has Whyte Done Wrong?

GoldenBallsrfc

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think that can/will happen though mate,i mean the tax/unpaid lawyer/bain stuff SURELY he cant talk about due to legalities,so what kind of statement would suffice?

I understand he can't go into the details of the legal case, but he can still address aspects of the various issues which have been highlighted. The 35k legal bill, apparent issues regarding payments to McKay's and Jelavic's former clubs, the prospect of insolvency or administration, and to spell out what his interpretation of £25m over 5 years is........does it depend on european qualification, is it net spend and does he realise he's taking the piss beyond belief when he included wages when trying to justify our spending this summer in terms of reaching a level of £5m.

That's the thing though Craig, I can't have faith at the moment. I go to all the games, home and away, and enjoy the odd trip in Europe when I can afford it.

However, my gut feeling is that Rangers Football Club is in very real danger of going bust. For the life of me I can't see a way round this tax issue. If we can't pay a tax bill of under 3 million and, for christ's sake, being taken to Court for THIRTY FIVE THOUSAND, what does the future hold?

Murray, Whyte, Bain etc couldn't give a monkeys about the fans. If they did, then come out and tell us the REAL situation. The 'Club Statements' that have come out recently are absolutely cringeworthy and, to be honest, unbelievable and capable of only having the most gullible amongst us fooled.

Walter and Ally have both told us for a number of years that something's wrong. Both Rangers men to the core. Not businessmen, just men with the REAL interests of the Club at heart. Only a fool would ignore them.

I agree that all these negative stories are very concerning to say the least, but I am trying to approach them with an open mind. They could be the work of obsessive creatures like Philofshit. He has been right about some stuff, but wrong about a lot of other stuff as well.

Craig Whyte is apparently due to give a statement this week regarding our finances. Hopefully this will clear things up. If we are in the shit, tell us. I'd happily put in a few hundred quid to save the Rangers, as I'm pretty sure everyone else on this site would contribute (bar the taigs of course).

I just can't see us going bust happening, or maybe its just I don't want to. Fuck knows, time will tell.

1- You said it, skeleton. Although the bulk of it had won three in a row, there is no denying a lot of the football played was hard to watch during those seasons. Ally wanted certain players, Whyte etc didn't deliver them.

2-Maybe they weren't ready. The season started early, pre season training too late. The players were perhaps bound to be a bit rusty. Disinterested? I agree with you on that point, however I think they maybe thought all they would have to do is turn up.

3-This squad at times has played some beautiful attacking football, especially at the end of last season. They didn't have a choice, we were playing catch up till Celtic fucked up at Caley away. However, the majority of the football has been torture to watch. Slow, far too defensive, no high pressure, etc. It has been like that for 3 seasons. How does a manager go about changing this mindset the players will have? So many games last season after maybe a bit of good early pressure getting a goal we sat back, cos the mentality was that the need to not lose a goal was more important than scoring more goals. Ally has a job on his hands to change this attitude the players have installed in them!

However, it is 11? games in now in all competions, we are top of the league. Not through the prettiest of football, but like I said, he needs time. I believe he wants to turn us into a proper attacking unit, but that will take time.

I'm willing to give him the time mate to try this, are you?

Ally got 13 players he wanted. 13 including 6 who had contributed to our glorious title win. There were circumstances outwith our control as to why we didnt geet any other targets he wanted, althouhg one has to ask just how many players he needs. He has over 30 to choose form just now.

I said that months ago, we started pre season far too late, the players were nto ready. Very poor planning. Surely if the players thought that, that is a failure of the coaches and manager, its their job to have the players ready, fired up and aware fo the job in hand.

Take the shackles off them, allow them to play and express themselves, i dont think it would be a problem for the players as much as it would be for the manager, he only knows Walters negative and cautious way to play.

How can you say he wants to turn us into a proper attacking unit when out of all the players he signed up, there was 1 striker, and even then, he is shite and wont feature much?

He will get the time because of who he is, i just dont think he will succeed.

Can I maybe make this a simpler debate and ask;

What evidence is there of Craig Whyte having spent anything thus far on Rangers Football Club? (Preferably hard, as opposed to anecdotal, evidence. Personally, I think he's spent £1 to acquire the club (even that's debatable) and not a penny more.

I understand he can't go into the details of the legal case, but he can still address aspects of the various issues which have been highlighted. The 35k legal bill, apparent issues regarding payments to McKay's and Jelavic's former clubs, the prospect of insolvency or administration, and to spell out what his interpretation of £25m over 5 years is........does it depend on european qualification, is it net spend and does he realise he's taking the piss beyond belief when he included wages when trying to justify our spending this summer in terms of reaching a level of £5m.

Cant argue with most of that mate,it is pretty clear from this thread alone that theres a lot of uncertainty among our fanbase which isnt helped in any way by the daily and sustained attack of our club from every angle,so yeah id say something of a reassurance would help

He probably could. But why do that and highlight the stupidity when you can sail it under the wind and dupe people (tu)

We have had this conv. before, i dont think he is including wages/contracts, people are not daft nor will they buy into that. I certainly wont if thats the games he is playing. I simply do not want to believe it.

(tu)

Ally got 13 players he wanted. 13 including 6 who had contributed to our glorious title win. There were circumstances outwith our control as to why we didnt geet any other targets he wanted, althouhg one has to ask just how many players he needs. He has over 30 to choose form just now.

I said that months ago, we started pre season far too late, the players were nto ready. Very poor planning. Surely if the players thought that, that is a failure of the coaches and manager, its their job to have the players ready, fired up and aware fo the job in hand.

Take the shackles off them, allow them to play and express themselves, i dont think it would be a problem for the players as much as it would be for the manager, he only knows Walters negative and cautious way to play.

How can you say he wants to turn us into a proper attacking unit when out of all the players he signed up, there was 1 striker, and even then, he is shite and wont feature much?

He will get the time because of who he is, i just dont think he will succeed.

How do you know that the shackles haven't been taken off? He said going off the pitch at half time yestersay that we started to sit too deep. This to me means that he has told them prior to kick off to sit further up.

You don't need to sign a rake of strikers in order to turn us into a proper attacking unit. Maybe I should have said more attacking unit, but hey ho. Two of his targets we failed to sign for whatever reason, Hemed and Goodwillie. He is now scouting for any decent strikers that are free agents.

Liverpool used to play will Torres up front on his own, and they played some nice fast attacking football. Bedoya has featured so far once for 20 or so minutes, likewise so has Mckay. Wallace is good going forward. Ortiz.. well lets say the jury is going to return its verdict pretty soon, and I don't think its a good one.

If we had scraped through into Europe, were we would obviously be in a better financial position than we are now, or if we hadn't gone through but that would have no influence on our finances cos say we were mega minted, I don't think you would be so blunt with your conclusion of Allys management reign so far.

How do you know that the shackles haven't been taken off? He said going off the pitch at half time yestersay that we started to sit too deep. This to me means that he has told them prior to kick off to sit further up.

You don't need to sign a rake of strikers in order to turn us into a proper attacking unit. Maybe I should have said more attacking unit, but hey ho. Two of his targets we failed to sign for whatever reason, Hemed and Goodwillie. He is now scouting for any decent strikers that are free agents.

Liverpool used to play will Torres up front on his own, and they played some nice fast attacking football. Bedoya has featured so far once for 20 or so minutes, likewise so has Mckay. Wallace is good going forward. Ortiz.. well lets say the jury is going to return its verdict pretty soon, and I don't think its a good one.

If we had scraped through into Europe, were we would obviously be in a better financial position than we are now, or if we hadn't gone through but that would have no influence on our finances cos say we were mega minted, I don't think you would be so blunt with your conclusion of Allys management reign so far.

Because i am watching them, every minute of every match. I honestly dont see much change from last year, he has even resorted back to the 4-5-1.

Is he though Craig? And even then, what sort of shape will said striker be in having been released for whatever reasons fro previous clubs. And will Mr whyte allow him to increase the wage bill which is already unsustainable?

Bedoya, Mackay, Ortiz and Wallace, none of them are attacking players though and none are creative. Mackay i am very exicted about and i think he will bring much needed balance and class to our midfield. Wallace imo is the best left back in the country, Ortiz is absolutely garbage and Bedoya, we dont know yet.

If he had got us through in Europe and given our current domestic results, not form, he would have got off to a superb start, sadly thats not reality.

Can I maybe make this a simpler debate and ask;

What evidence is there of Craig Whyte having spent anything thus far on Rangers Football Club? (Preferably hard, as opposed to anecdotal, evidence. Personally, I think he's spent £1 to acquire the club (even that's debatable) and not a penny more.

Anyone?

The end of January stuff is a red herring. The club have already given their stance on it on the official website.

"Rangers owner Craig Whyte has spent in excess of £5 million on transfers and improved contracts for key players this summer"

The mention of £5 million is no mistake. It's clear they are now taking the line that he is counting all of the improved contracts. What needs to be asked at the AGM or checked in the accounts is that there is a £5 million receipt for "the playing squad" from Rangers Group plc to the club.

I wont hold my breath (tu)

So, as it stands at the moment would you accept that £5m has been spent on the playing squad or not? If not, are you saying the statement on the official site is a direct lie? On the other hand, if so, do you have any evidence that the money hasn't (or won't) come from Whyte?

Not that im for one minute suggesting its his money but the £18m to pay Lloyds has to have come from somewhere and at a cost to someone.

Other than that, there is no other evidence IMO (tu)

Not a financial person, but Lloyds would have had to had something substantial from him. They had us by the baws over the debt, they wouldn't just right it off.

But, in answer to the 1st poster - the circular should provide you the same knowledge we have.

So, as it stands at the moment would you accept that £5m has been spent on the playing squad or not? If not, are you saying the statement on the official site is a direct lie? On the other hand, if so, do you have any evidence that the money hasn't (or won't) come from Whyte?

I accept that it will probably the stance he takes, but for me, if he does, then he is taking the piss. (tu)

As for the evidence the money isnt coming from Whyte, then no i dont have any, though the statement regarding using season tickets to guarantee working capital in Bains lawyer letter has me further concerned as to what is in play here. (tu)

I accept that it will probably the stance he takes, but for me, if he does, then he is taking the piss. (tu)

No offence meant, but I doubt Whyte gives a flying fuck what you think (tu)

As for the evidence the money isnt coming from Whyte, then no i dont have any, though the statement regarding using season tickets to guarantee working capital in Bains lawyer letter has me further concerned as to what is in play here. (tu)

I'm surprised you can sleep at night with all the concerns you have :(

Lol. I've "front loaded" £5,000 on my car loan. Alright, the finance company will only see £128 a month, but hey, they'll have it all in 4 years time.

Not a financial person, but Lloyds would have had to had something substantial from him. They had us by the baws over the debt, they wouldn't just right it off.

But, in answer to the 1st poster - the circular should provide you the same knowledge we have.

Lloyds are out of it. They have either been paid in full by Whyte or there is a small chance where he may have paid £16m or something to clear £18m debt. My belief though is that he gave them the lot.

Im less certain where he got it from though. (tu)

The WeissMan is one of the few posters on this thread with a grasp on reality. Anyone defending Whyte is deluded. Probably the same people who would've defended Murray's reckless spending that got us into this mess in the first place.

For christ's sake, waken up and smell the coffee. We are in deep, DEEP, trouble.

Lloyds are out of it. They have either been paid in full by Whyte or there is a small chance where he may have paid £16m or something to clear £18m debt. My belief though is that he gave them the lot.

Im less certain where he got it from though. (tu)

Yes, but the point is, and you have confirmed it, Whyte has made a substantial investment.