John Souttar

Just now, rossco87 said:

Still would like 1 more CB in the summer. But would be pretty happy going into next season with Goldson, Souttar, New CB & King as our defensive cover.

King showed today that he’s a perfectly capable 4th choice, if we can move on Davies and bring in a quality left sided centre back then I think we are sorted in that position. 

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Much better on the right hand side of the pair imo, particularly with finding the right passing angles to play forward.

Aye much happier on that side, we need a quality left sided centre back in the summer and Goldson and Souttar can fight it out for the other spot. 

8 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Aye much happier on that side, we need a quality left sided centre back in the summer and Goldson and Souttar can fight it out for the other spot. 

I’m not even sure it is so much fighting out as being realistic the Souttar has a history of picking up injuries and Goldson is starting to show the effects of playing every game for 3(?) years. They both need to manage their game time and would be happy with either of them playing for the majority of games. Goldson is probably no. 1 but that is not necessarily a slight on Souttar.

4 minutes ago, rossco87 said:

I’m not even sure it is so much fighting out as being realistic the Souttar has a history of picking up injuries and Goldson is starting to show the effects of playing every game for 3(?) years. They both need to manage their game time and would be happy with either of them playing for the majority of games. Goldson is probably no. 1 but that is not necessarily a slight on Souttar.

Aye we need at least 3 strong options at centre back and seen enough from King to suggest he’d be a perfectly acceptable 4th choice. 

I’m pleased for him that he is getting to show some of the doubters that he can play now his fitness is returning. I thought he was a good signing. He uses the ball well from the back and we actually look like we might score from corners with him in the box too. I really hope he’s turning the corner now and can be a big player for us. 

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Much better on the right hand side of the pair imo, particularly with finding the right passing angles to play forward.

One of my mates is a Jambo, I know, fucking embarrassing 😂 Anyway, he always said to me that Souttar was always comfortable on the right and that is where he always played when at Hearts