Was Davie White As Bad As Some People Make Out

minstral

I remember being at Ibrox at the last game of 1967-68 and we lost 3-2 to Aberdeen, our first league defeat of the season. If we had won that game we would have been champions and the tarriers would have no 9-in-a-row.

When you think that we only lost 1 game that season and still never won the title.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you know during the others nine in a row there was never very much in it we allways seemed to somehow drop 3 or 4 points in the last half dozen games for some reason maybe the fans out there who keep records would know the scores in those last six games of the others nine

The three points can/does make a big difference.

I remember being at Ibrox at the last game of 1967-68 and we lost 3-2 to Aberdeen, our first league defeat of the season. If we had won that game we would have been champions and the tarriers would have no 9-in-a-row.

Was going to mention that...

I was at that game too... was White manager than? We had done not too bad in the league, but shit..last game!

After the Gornik game at Ibrox, wasnt there demonstrations outside the main stand?

I was still pretty young, but I remember demonstrations calling for Lawrence's head...! ( maybe that was ANOTHER game. We didnt take kindly to the shettlesons winning so much!)

When you think that we lost the league by 2 points yet notched a record number of points since the league re-construction in 1955-56. The 61 points we collected that season would have won us the title in 11 of the past 12 seasons which is amazing.

I heard a story years ago that Rangers went to watch Dalglish but were so impressed by the guy playing against him that they signed him instead - Gus McCallum.

Probably a myth, you hear so many of these stories.

Gus and I knew kenny when he moved to the Broomloan Rd flats , Never played against Kenny, in fact recall Gus saying that Kenny would never make the grade. He nearly never as that lot had him to be shown the door but they were short of players for end of season game testimonial I think against Killie . Kenny scored a few that day and they kept him on.

Gus played one 1st team game against Falkirk around xmas time we lost, he was presented with Eusabios choice as man of the tournament in Lisbon. He was the one they signed instead of me. Not because of football reasons.