The first 26 games of every Rangers Manager in History.

Colonel Mustard

This is the record of the first 26 games of all our managers. Sometimes it's bitter, and sometimes it's sweet.

Can we tell how a manager is going to fare from what happens in the first 26 games?

Anyway, the parts in BOLD are notes on those first 26 matches, with a few comments about what followed immediately afterwards. (no need to comment on the long term records of any, I think)

edit....sorry, the formatting is moving WLD to show the win, lose, draw columns.

W L D

William Wilton 21-1-4 Won Glasgow Cup. Ended up winning league.

Bill Struth 23-1-2 Only loss was ne'rday game against tarriers. Ended up winning league.

Scot Symon 16-6-4 Went out of LC. Ended up winning nothing (3rd in league).

Davie White 20-2-4 Went out SC. Ended up losing league in last 3 games (a win, a draw, and only league loss of season).

Willie Waddell 15-6-5 Went out SC to tarriers Lost 5 and drew 2 of last 8 league games to lose title by 12 points.

Jock Wallace1 16-7-3 Knocked out of LC. Ended up losing league in run in, but won famous SC victory.

John Greig 12-4-10 Includes famous victories in good EC run, and the set upfor a LC win. Went on to also win SC that season.

Jock Wallace2 15-3-8 Won LC in 23rd game. Ended up 4th in League, then 4th the following season (then it got BAD).

Graeme Souness 18-5-3 Won LC in 21st game. Went on to win league.

Walter Smith 17-6-3 Won league in 1st 4 games. Next 22 games (the next season), failed to get to CL Groups and knocked out LC. Ended up winning The Double that year.

Dick Advocaat 17-3-6 Ended up Winning Treble.

Alex McLeish 19-2-5 Won LC within 22 games, then Scottish Cup a couple of weeks after 26th game in a half season. Wins The Treble the following year.

Paul le Guen 14-6-6 Knocked out of LC.

Walter Smith 18-4-4 First 19 games = steady ship. 7 games of new season get into CL before reaching UEFA final and winning 2 domestic cups.

Ally McCoist 15-6-5 Knocked out of CL, Europa League, and LC. Good start in league.

I know.

Sometimes it gives you a feel for whether you should start panicking or not, though. :D

I'm getting jittery.

I started getting jittery after the St Mirren home game

Naisy out, heads where down and played dire

Hope Coisty can turn it around but I dont know how many times I have posted that now

Keep Believing (tu)

This is the record of the first 26 games of all our managers. Sometimes it's bitter, and sometimes it's sweet.

Can we tell how a manager is going to fare from what happens in the first 26 games?

Anyway, the parts in BOLD are notes on those first 26 matches, with a few comments about what followed immediately afterwards. (no need to comment on the long term records of any, I think)

edit....sorry, the formatting is moving WLD to show the win, lose, draw columns.

W L D

William Wilton 21-1-4 Won Glasgow Cup. Ended up winning league.

Bill Struth 23-1-2 Only loss was ne'rday game against tarriers. Ended up winning league.

Scot Symon 16-6-4 Went out of LC. Ended up winning nothing (3rd in league).

Davie White 20-2-4 Went out SC. Ended up losing league in last 3 games (a win, a draw, and only league loss of season).

Willie Waddell 15-6-5 Went out SC to tarriers Lost 5 and drew 2 of last 8 league games to lose title by 12 points.

Jock Wallace1 16-7-3 Knocked out of LC. Ended up losing league in run in, but won famous SC victory.

John Greig 12-4-10 Includes famous victories in good EC run, and the set upfor a LC win. Went on to also win SC that season.

Jock Wallace2 15-3-8 Won LC in 23rd game. Ended up 4th in League, then 4th the following season (then it got BAD).

Graeme Souness 18-5-3 Won LC in 21st game. Went on to win league.

Walter Smith 17-6-3 Won league in 1st 4 games. Next 22 games (the next season), failed to get to CL Groups and knocked out LC. Ended up winning The Double that year.

Dick Advocaat 17-3-6 Ended up Winning Treble.

Alex McLeish 19-2-5 Won LC within 22 games, then Scottish Cup a couple of weeks after 26th game in a half season. Wins The Treble the following year.

Paul le Guen 14-6-6 Knocked out of LC.

Walter Smith 18-4-4 First 19 games = steady ship. 7 games of new season get into CL before reaching UEFA final and winning 2 domestic cups.

Ally McCoist 15-6-5 Knocked out of CL, Europa League, and LC. Good start in league.

It tell us we're the most successful club in Scotland. That's a lot of trophies and plenty more to come. :pipe: