Disappointed but not defeated!

Marky_RFC

As much as any of you I was very disappointed yesterday we didnt replace Jelavic or for that matter sign anyone and to be perfectly honest with our current squad, especially in the forward areas it will be very difficult to win the league............BUT not impossible.

The one bonus of this is it will force us to play the ball on the deck and when we have done that this season we have scored goals and played reasonably well. I'm hoping Mervan can build on his promising debut and I would urge Ally to sort out any differences he has with Mckay and give him a chance as I think the most effective way forward for us now is 4-3-3. A midfield 3 of Davis, Edu and Mckay(Ness if fit) with a front 3 of Aluko, Mervan and Healy(Lafferty). Provides a bit of pace and creativity from middle to front.

As a fellow glass half full bear recently posted there is no point in getting down and giving up or getting on the players/managments backs when we are far from out of this title race. Hartson made a cunt of himself last year when Miller left saying the title was over and although this leaves us even shorter than then, it may galvanise the squad even more and just imagine how good it will feel if we do win it.

Unless this Pole turns out to be a world beater, Celtic aint exactly anything to fear and although people say a manager wants a big squad, there may come a time when there is division amongst the Celtic squad as there is so many guys that are not gonna be playing regular and might be an advantage to us having a smaller squad or maybe thats clutching at straws.

Either way as worrying as it is, I will be there on Sunday supporting the 11 players we do have on the pitch. No point worrying and getting upset about things we cant control. We are Rangers supporters and no matter how bleak it get at least we know we will always be better than them!!!

No Surrender!!!!!

As much as any of you I was very disappointed yesterday we didnt replace Jelavic or for that matter sign anyone and to be perfectly honest with our current squad, especially in the forward areas it will be very difficult to win the league............BUT not impossible.

The one bonus of this is it will force us to play the ball on the deck and when we have done that this season we have scored goals and played reasonably well. I'm hoping Mervan can build on his promising debut and I would urge Ally to sort out any differences he has with Mckay and give him a chance as I think the most effective way forward for us now is 4-3-3. A midfield 3 of Davis, Edu and Mckay(Ness if fit) with a front 3 of Aluko, Mervan and Healy(Lafferty). Provides a bit of pace and creativity from middle to front.

As a fellow glass half full bear recently posted there is no point in getting down and giving up or getting on the players/managments backs when we are far from out of this title race. Hartson made a cunt of himself last year when Miller left saying the title was over and although this leaves us even shorter than then, it may galvanise the squad even more and just imagine how good it will feel if we do win it.

Unless this Pole turns out to be a world beater, Celtic aint exactly anything to fear and although people say a manager wants a big squad, there may come a time when there is division amongst the Celtic squad as there is so many guys that are not gonna be playing regular and might be an advantage to us having a smaller squad or maybe thats clutching at straws.

Either way as worrying as it is, I will be there on Sunday supporting the 11 players we do have on the pitch. No point worrying and getting upset about things we cant control. We are Rangers supporters and no matter how bleak it get at least we know we will always be better than them!!!

No Surrender!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing, when we played the ball on the grass against Motherwell it was the best football we've played since the first OF game and we came away with three goals and three points. Fleck played pretty much the whole game right enough. Took four goals of a terrible Hibs team and another three points but, I think that it gets overlooked that we could've lost a few goals that day too.

This is a new direction for Rangers, it's like last season with injuries, we've been forced to go on the attack now IMO (shouldn't need to be forced!) and if we play the ball on the deck we'll pick teams apart. Jelavic is away now but we've shown that we can play good football without him.

I've been if the opinion that Ally is trying to play 4-2-3-1 with Mervan, Wylde and Aluko playing in behind Healy or Lafferty when's he's back from injury. One of them HAS got to prove themselves here, it's an opportunity that they must take. Who's knows McKay and Bedoya may get a chance now (if there still here??) there is options available to us all over the park.

Not interested in anything that they do. All we need to concentrate on is playing and winning our games, there's still an awful lot of football to be played. Jelavic leaving isn't a disaster, we've dealt with strikers leaving for the past few seasons now and came out on top.

We have a team of winners at Ibrox and I'm sure that Ally McCoist will be doing his upmost to continue that.

Right now everyone at Rangers has got a great opportunity to prove themselves, from the players to the coaching staff, chairman, everyone behind the scenes and us-the fans. Surely they've got to be thriving on this kind of thing, I know I would be!

No Surrender Rangers.